Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 628

paladin80:
I need to change the magic number of a pending order, but I am coming to the conclusion that there is no such possibility. Can you tell me if the magic number cannot be modified or did I miss something in my life?

bool  OrderModify(
   int        ticket,      // номер ордера
   double     price,       // цена открытия
   double     stoploss,    // stop loss
   double     takeprofit,  // take profit
   datetime   expiration,  // время истечения ордера
   color      arrow_color  // цвет
   );

No, you can only delete and re-set the magic number.

paladin80:
I need to change the magic number of a pending order but I have come to the conclusion that there is no such an option. Please tell me, is it impossible to modify a magic number or did I miss something in this life?

Magiks and comments as well as lots cannot be changed.

For pending orders, you can change the setting price and stop orders.

A market order has stop orders.

I don't know about expiry date, I don't use it.

artmedia70:

Magiks and comments as well as lots cannot be changed.

For pending orders, you can change the setting price and stop orders.

For market - stop orders.

I do not know about the expiry date, I do not use it.

I see. I thought so but I asked just in case.

By the way, I want to know if it is necessary to modify wizards and comments on pending orders.

paladin80:

By the way, I wonder if the ability to modify magicians and comments on pending orders is needed?

Any task can be solved in different ways. Sixth year on the market, but never had the need to modify the Magik (even in the days of "green youth").

paladin80:

I see. That's what I thought, but I was just asking just in case.

By the way, I wonder if we should be able to modify wizards and comments of pending orders.

Change the magician? What is the point? Kind of like the order belonging not only to the EA, but also to its individual logical blocks. I think - it is not reasonable.

But it would be very useful to change the comment.

Good afternoon, could you give me a hint?

I have forks of possible actions in OnInit, which depend on the user's choice. Is it possible to make this choice through something other than MessageBox, and if so, how?

Do I understand correctly, that OnChartEvent works only between basic terminal events, like Init, NewTick, etc.?

artmedia70:

Change the magician? What is the point? Kind of like the order belonging not only to the EA, but also to its individual logical blocks. I think that would not be reasonable.

But it would be very useful to change the commentary.

Good evening, Artyom! Unfortunately, I couldn't ask one question about the magician this morning! Is the same magik guaranteed after partial closing of CloseBy positions of the remaining part? Or is the DC not obliged to comply with this? Thank you!

borilunad:

Good evening Artyom, unfortunately I couldn't ask one question this morning about the magik! Is the same magik guaranteed after a partial CloseBy of the remaining positions? Or the DC is not obliged to observe it? Thank you!

Hi. The magik remains guaranteed. The order comment changes.

Let's say there was a Buy position #12345 with lot 1.0 with the comment "something clever" and magic 100500. Half of it has been closed. We have position Buy #123347 in work with comment from #12345 with comment to#12347 and magic 100500 and one order in the list of closed Buy #12345 with comment to#12347 and magic 100500.

It's by these comments that you can trace the entire history of partial closing of your position (well, or the very initial one), which is what I do when needed.

artmedia70:

Hi. Magik stays guaranteed. The comment of the order changes.

Let's say there was a Buy position #12345 with lot 1.0 with the comment "something clever" and magic 100500. Half of it has been closed. We have a Buy position #123347 in active order list with 0.5 lot commented from #12345 with magic number 100500 and one order in closed order list Buy #12345 with commented to#12347 and magic number 100500.

You can trace the whole history of partial closing of your position (or, well, the very initial one) by these comments, which is what I do if necessary.

Thanks a lot! The main thing for me is not to reset a magik to zero so that this position does not leave its group because it is the magik that separates positions and displays data for each group separately on its charts because the space is limited and so is the amount of data!

TarasBY:
Any task can be solved in different ways. Sixth year on the market, but never had the need to change Magik (even in the days of "green youth").
There are all sorts of things. For example, if position management needs to be transferred to another EA.
Reason: