Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 442

Why does the Strategy Tester sometimes give different net profit results with the same parameters....gen algorithm and optimisation are switched off

Zver4991:
Why does the Strategy Tester sometimes give different net profit results with the same parameters....gen algorithm and optimisation are disabled
Is the spread current or set?

khorosh:
Is the spread current or set?

Sure the spread is current.... but why does it change on history? It shouldn't be like that

Zver4991:

exactly the spread is current.... why does it change on history? it shouldn't be like that

Who told you it doesn't change, spit in his face). Although it does not change on history, the spread takes the current value of the market at the moment the test is run. And it will have this value throughout the history.

Hello, please help me to explain the opening and closing part of the Macd Sample:

//global-----------------------+
extern double MACDOpenLevel=3;
extern double MACDCloseLevel=2;
//buy--------------------------+
MathAbs(MacdCurrent)>(MACDOpenLevel*Point)
//sell-------------------------+
MacdCurrent>(MACDOpenLevel*Point)
//close-buy--------------------+
MacdCurrent>(MACDCloseLevel*Point)
//close-sell-------------------+
MathAbs(MacdCurrent)>(MACDCloseLevel*Point)

I found an explanation: "To exclude from analysis of small (small 'hillocks' on the chart) changes of the MACD indicator, let's introduce an additional control of the size of the 'hillocks' drawn in the form of the following condition - the indicator size must be at least 5 points of the minimum price (5*Point, which for USD/CHF is 0.0005, for USD/JPY = 0.05)".

But it didn't give me any clarity ((

gince:

Declare t variable to be global, i.e. outside start().

Now it is local and initialized t=0 on every tick. This is confirmed by equality Ex=curr in the above log.

tara:
The slope of the curve is its first derivative, which for a moving average is (X0-Xn)/n if the MA is redrawn. It is not measured in degrees, but in pt/bar, or something similar.

Maybe you are right, I was not able to set this parameter in my EA, I just did not know how to do it.

is there an advisor that provides all the error codes or an algorithm that can be used to write one...

and for what reasons it cannot connect the library error 'stdlib.mqh' - cannot open the program file

and where can i see the list and description of all errors, i think there are more than 4k

Zver4991:

is there an advisor that provides all the error codes or an algorithm that can be used to write one...

and for what reasons it cannot connect the library error 'stdlib.mqh' - cannot open the program file

and where can i see the list and description of all errors, i think there are more than 4k

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/constants/errors

Well, I've seen these, but there are only error codes returned by the trading server.... or are they the only ones that need to be processed for the advisor to work properly.....?
Reason: