Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1011

The more variables, the slower the system as a whole runs. Why clutter up the system with unnecessary data and thus slow it down?

i999i:
The more variables, the slower the system overall. Why clutter up the system and thus slow it down with unnecessary data?

Accept it or write your own software, optimized and even in assembler ))))

Most mass produced software companies are going this way now, with each new version the product becomes more and more voracious and demanding to resources. Metakvot's terminal is not the worst example, Microsoft Indians, in my opinion, don't know how to purge code from already unnecessary obsolete stuff and how to produce fast and resource-saving software, they don't really need it, because the hardware manufacturers also want to spread some caviar on their bread ))))

i999i:
The more variables, the slower the system as a whole works. Why clutter the system with unnecessary data, and thus slow it down?

Please try not to go beyond this thread with such questions.

And read all the documentation carefully, you will remember that the function you need is there. All you have to do is find it. Here it is ArrayFree.

Please tell me why I can't change the chart's property in either direction and what I'm doing wrong. (I can change it manually but not programmatically)

//ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,0,true);
ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,0,false);
ChartRedraw(0);

and I can't get the following client terminal property int screen_dpi = TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_SCREEN_DPI);
TERMINAL_SCREEN_DPI this property is not defined by compiler, but documentation has it (even with an example)

Money_Maker:
Please tell me why I can't change the chart's property in either direction and what I'm doing wrong. (I can change it manually but not programmatically)

//ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,0,true);
ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,0,false);
ChartRedraw(0);

That's because this way of writing CHART_BRING_TO_TOP is not provided, the function operates with the specified subwindow of the current chart and accepts only the properties related to subwindows, and the terminal can't draw one subwindow over the other in the chart.

I should use a shortened variant with the error print - if(!ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,true)) Print("Error #", GetLastError()); - so at least you can find out the reason for the error.

Money_Maker:
and I also cannot get the following property of the client terminal int screen_dpi = TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_SCREEN_DPI);
TERMINAL_SCREEN_DPI this property is not defined by the compiler but it is in the documentation (even with an example)

They seem to have stupidly copied help for МЕ5 without looking or they changed their minds to introduce this property. But it's only on the site, in ME help all in order, there is no such property.

Citizens! Read ME help and not the Documentation section, it is a bit slower to update.

evillive:

Therefore this way of writing CHART_BRING_TO_TOP is not provided, the function operates with the specified subwindow of the current chart and accepts properties only relating to the subwindows.

We should use a shortened variant with the error output - if(!ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,true)) Print("Error #", GetLastError()); - this way you can at least find out the reason for the error.

Thank you) but it doesn't work that way either, in fact there is no error "it seems to work" ... but in fact nothing changes ... that is why I have simplified the code to 2 lines.

I searched for a chart above ... found this, but it does not work the way I was looking for (maybe it's for something else?)

CHART_BRING_TO_TOP

Show chart on top of all other charts

This line worked here (the chart is really at the top):

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,0,true); // chart on top
// ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_FOREGROUND,0,false); // chart at the bottom
ChartRedraw();

CHART_FOREGROUND

Price chart in the foreground

BRING_TO_TOP and FOREGROUND are different?

evillive:

Therefore this way of writing CHART_BRING_TO_TOP is not provided, the function operates with the specified subwindow of the current chart and accepts only the properties related to subwindows, and the terminal is unable to draw one subwindow over the other on the chart.

I should use a shortened variant with the error print - if(!ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,true)) Print("Error #", GetLastError()); - so at least you can find out the reason for the error.

Looks like they stupidly copied help for МЕ5 without looking or they changed their minds to introduce this property. But it is only on the site, in ME help all in order, there is no such property.

Citizens! Read ME help and not the Documentation section, it is a bit slower to update.

thanks a lot for the help, it's much appreciated!

Hello, could you please tell me if it's possible to convert the value of a text variable into the name of another variable. Or compare the text of a variable with the name of another variable.
int Parametr1=1;
int Parametr2=2;
int ParametrX=X;

String text="Paremetr";

if ( text== parametr1); {

}
Like this?)) Thanks in advance

MGSMGS:
Hello, could you please tell me if it is possible to convert the value of a text variable to the name of another variable. Or compare the text of a variable with the name of another variable. so what is it?)) thanks in advance

In MQL you can't.

ZZY If it's something like this, you can. Enum to help.

Reason: