Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 7

AlexeyFX:

Is it a channel? My understanding of a channel is that it consists of 2 parallel lines.

Ishim, it was stated here that price moves in a channel ALWAYS, i.e. the entire chart can be drawn in channels.

Of course you can. But why?

To the topic-starter:

Take a 100-period muving. If the price is above the mouvement, the trend is up, if it is below it, the trend is down.

Where's the money Zin?)) Having answered the question of where the money comes from using a trend, we can find options on how to define it.

For example, we have learned how to define a trend as many people define it. We go in early and get profit from the movement created by their entry/exit. Or we learned how to identify a staggered position set by the big players to completion. Similarly, we enter to ride the movement created by them. A systematic profit of some is a systematic loss of others (not necessarily the same ones every time).

Detection of a trend is a way of detecting others' intentions to trade in the continuation of a certain direction. It is important to understand what others are focusing on, what their interest is, what they are trying to avoid, etc. As part of this, the definition of a trend may emerge. Or it may not)). It is not always necessary.

AlexeyFX:

All currency is printed by someone. Someone buys it, someone sells it, that is the market. All serious japanobank actions in my picture would look like sharp yellow line jumps out of the big picture (strong external influences), but I don't see anything like that for a month.

A good analysis method should be able to explain any variation, if not pre-emptively, then at least in real time. If it does not always do it, or does it with delay, or has to choose some option first on some unclear basis, then it is a bad method.

Do you have your own TA - what is the principle of analysis? (When I look at the chart, I don't know if I'm getting the signals from the indicators - it's hard to find the names - with your system, you should have sold the yen everywhere and would have lots of losses.)

Any variant should take into account the movement of m1 and above. Actually, that's what I said in my previous post, if the forecast is growth - then there are no options for pullback in this growth in advance (and visually it will be visible - what kind of pullbacks were after the growth - and hence what kind of channel was obtained).

Not always a bad method, there is no absolute - looking for something that will work without a single failure is meaningless.

looking for something that will work without a single glitch is very much a no-brainer.

avtomat:
looking for something that will work without a single failure is very much a no-brainer.

what do you mean by that - 100% inputs in the +. ?

I'm working on it now (failure is present - then it works out)

Ishim:
What do you mean by that - 100% input in +. ?

If you don't look, you won't find anything.

Your formulation of"100% inputs to +" is incorrect. This wording covers only the first part of the problem -- "Input" -- and the second part of the problem -- "Output" -- is not in your wording. That is, you do not include and do not consider "Output" in your problem.

In the process of searching you discover many solutions that are not initially obvious.

DhP:

It's verynear and understandable to me. It's like that myself.

For the sake of curiosity, put all four M200 and M50 mashups on a chart and observe the price behaviour of these curves.

Over time, given your meticulousness (in the best sense of the word), you will definitely get into it.

Quite interesting: the M200 and M50 MAs are all four . Is that how it is? Or what am I missing? In general, I have attached to the chart all your indicators (but there are only two MAHs: 200 and 50) and, having watched all that, maybe I have seen something new for me - automation will show. The only question is - where are the four MAHs?

artmedia70:
Quite interesting: the MA200 and MA50 are all four . Is that how it is? Or what am I missing? In general, I have attached to the chart all your indicators (but there are only two MAHs: 200 and 50) and, having watched all this, maybe I have seen something new for me - automation will show. The only question is - where are the four MAHs?

EMA,SMA,SMMA,LWMA.

avtomat:

If you don't look, you won't find anything.

Your formulation of"100% inputs to +" is incorrect. This wording covers only the first part of the problem -- "Input" -- and the second part of the problem -- "Output" -- is not in your wording. That is, you do not include and do not consider "Output" in your problem.

In the process of searching you discover many initially non-obvious solutions.

Yes they do - little by little. You may enter into + signify fixing in the Plus (and it is the same with other terms - you write one and the same "word", while everyone has their own meaning).

Here is a fresh example of prediction for this week. h ttp://forum.alpari.ru/showpost.php?p=3174345&postcount=129

H4 is thick purple, H1 is thin. As we see H4 worked out and H1 did not reach correctional levels - it means something )))) . Next is ready I will wait for the confirmation tomorrow and draw the next forecast.

And in the forecast of 4.05. there was a failure (here again everyone implies his own - just a cancellation) http://forum.alpari.ru/showpost.php?p=3168172&postcount=125 - which is also normal (there is no absolute in the movement)

Absolute has nothing to do with it.
Reason: