Create a simple Martingale - page 13

Baronardi:

I wonder how that works.

in the tester

the forex4yu expert is earning and the alpari expert stubbornly refuses to do this kind of thing

The spread must be big at the weekend.

khorosh:

You can do it in different ways, you can exit on a stop, i.e. take a loss. Or you can do it without any stops, waiting for the closing signal, which results in a profit on the total lot. This should be tried and tested - the one that is more suitable to be used. It depends on the quality of signals for entering and exiting. I personally work without stops. I wait for the profit on the aggregate lot. Since 2004, the version that uses compensating orders has the maximal number of orders in a series (when total positive profit is obtained) equal to 9.

Well, we do not really have no stops here. What is a compensating order? If I understand correctly, this is a temporary lock of a part or the whole position consisting of the averaging orders. I.e., we cannot consider such a martin as an averaging and non-stop one since it is partially reversing or locking.

FION:
Well, it's not exactly without stops. What is a compensating order? If I understand correctly, it is a temporary loss of part or all of a position created by averaging orders. I.e., we cannot consider such a trade as an averaging and non-stop one since it is partially reversing or locking.
There are several versions. With different indicators, different TFs. With compensating orders (you understand correctly) and without them. Profitability is lower with compensating orders but it does not lose money since 2004. Compensating orders do not bring profit but help to overcome the long reverse trend. The other versions have been working steadily since 2009. Without stops I meant basic averaging orders.

VitaliyBerkut:

Hello Dear Traders! I ask you to create a simple Martingale-based EA. I want to make an EA which would increase a lot by a certain amount of times after a losing trade and open trades, taking into account the MA readings.

Vitaly, unfortunately your EA will not work. That's because it is not based on a profitableidée (idea), because any combination of averages does not work in the market. You can easily make sure of this by running on the history of the 'Moving Average' Expert Advisor, included in the standard delivery of MetaTraer4. The basic idea behind your Expert Advisor is a specific money management based on the Martingale system. Back in the 90s, particularly in the works of Monsieur Ralph Vince, it was conclusively proven that any money management alone is not capable of turning a losing system into a profitable one. Therefore, if your Expert Advisor cannot make profit with a fixed lot without increasing, it will lose with any system of increasing (martingale, anti-martingale). This fact is known to everyone who is more or less engaged in algorithmic trading and moreover many people tested it in practical trading with real money. Therefore, you should understand such a specific reaction to your topic.

In addition, your many years of experience as an 'intuitive trader', which you write about, unfortunately does not mean anything as it does not have any credible model for your actions. The fact is that the theory of probability is constructed in such a way that if you made decisions based on a coin flip, it is entirely possible, though highly unlikely, that you would be a profitable trader, which means that your alleged lucratif in the past is, at best (I stress the word 'best', because most likely it is not) not much worse than a monkey's score in dart throwing.

Do not take my response as a mockery, or God forbid, you suddenly think that I am jealous of your intelligence and super winning system which if it will lose only: "... if it comes up against the maximum allowable DC lots, or of course if you put it on a deposit of one hundred ue))") (Oh, your Malorussian accent is so nice, I really couldn't resist quoting it). I just decided to write this to protect you from wasting your time and a couple hundred dollars which you'll need for finishing your so-called idée (idea).

And oh yes,ma chérie, I beg you, when your next Brillante idea will illuminate you - post it here, on our forum, and then in no less remarkable and super-cheap service ZHOBA.

P.S. Write more freely and boldly,ma chérie, we are waiting for new insights and hopes from you!

Your Vasily.

C-4:

And oh yes,ma chérie, I beg you, when the next time another brillante idée strikes you - be sure to write here, on the forum, and then in no less wonderful and super-cheap service ZHOBA.

P.S. Write more freely and boldly,ma chérie, we are waiting for new insights and hopes from you!

Your Vasily.

Super answer! With a subtle, almost non-offensive, hint at my illiteracy compared to you! But I loved it ))))

VitaliyBerkut:

Super answer! With a subtle, almost non-offensive, hint at my illiteracy compared to you! But I loved it ))))
Yes, the answer is exquisite except for one minor blunder "....Your Malorussian accent is so cute that I, rightly, couldn't deny myself the pleasure of reciting it". ))

Stop with the martin, there are no fish

khorosh:
Yes, the answer is exquisite except for one small blunder "....Your Little Russian accent is so cute that I, rightly, couldn't deny myself the pleasure of reciting it". ))

A true IngiHent not only quotes, but also neglects commas - but why? That's not the great sergeant's truth!

Demi:
A true integument not only quotes, but also neglects commas - why should it? That's not what the great serrime truth is all about!
On forums as well as in chat rooms, the rules are the same.... - grammar may be lame, not for sale....

_new-rena:
On forums that chat, the rules are the same.... - grammar may be lame, not for sale....
There are many rules in forums and chat rooms. One of them is not to teach grammar to others if you yourself write with mistakes. Especially"Little Russian accent" - I don't know what it wanted to say, but it would be better to keep quiet altogether
Reason: