How do you programmatically distinguish between a PROFESSIONAL fetus and a DILIETAN fetus? - page 2

DmitriyN: On the other hand, the chance that a dilettante will accidentally write a good EA or indicator is negligible.

I don't quite agree. An amateur can have very good ideas.

The criteria can be extremely vague, and even developing them can be a very time-consuming task. Let alone implementation.

Mathemat:

I don't quite agree. An amateur can have very good ideas.

The criteria can be extremely vague, even developing them can be a very time-consuming exercise. Not to mention implementation.

They can, I don't argue. Amateurs have made quite a few wondrous discoveries and inventions in various branches of the economy.

===

Take, for instance, a simple criterion - the size of a file. Can we say that an Expert Advisor that is 500 bytes in size can be profitable? Hardly.
Can we say that an EA of 6.25 MB has been written by a professional? It is doubtful, too.
Is it possible to say that an Expert Advisor with fragments having the size of 500 bytes and repeating 100 times in it has been written by a professional? Also doubtful.

An amateur and the oddest things?

How's that, how's that?

A twist of the tongue...

Or the ineradicable belief in miracles.

Fell. Woke up. The cast.

Dersu:

An amateur and the oddest things?

How's that, how's that?

The work of chance. And an empty stomach is the engine of progress.

Well, think, I'll come back later.

The professional's code is a 'calm' code. It's easy to read. For everyone. The first thing must be the finality of the design. It's like with a professional announcer. Someone will "swallow" the ending, someone the middle, someone the beginning of a word or a phrase, but the speaker will say it in a way that is clear to everyone. There are no misunderstandings or miscommunications. Some people write code "on the rise", others "downhill" "with a squeak" ... therefore, in my opinion, the "evenness" of "code logic" is the optimal parameter. I.e. "by code" look for "consistency" (stability) of designs.

DmitriyN:

Testing is a very long process. Testing individual EAs sometimes even takes days. Therefore, testing hundreds of thousands is not realistic.

I agree with you. But, the notion of a "professional trader" is even more vague than that of a "professional programmer". On the other hand, the probability that a dilettante will accidentally write a good Expert Advisor or indicator is negligible.

And why didn't I become a professional programmer?

Probably because I did not know the rule - the best is the enemy of the good

I am an amateur and have come to the conclusion that I can't find a better one than mine! Not because it's better, but because I can make adjustments at any time and know it like the back of my hand! I've learned to deal with mistakes, thank you! And not just for the mistakes!

Everyone chooses the path that is interesting to him! And then, advantageous! On the contrary, will lead to disappointment!

borilunad:

I am an amateur and have come to the conclusion that I can't find a better one than mine! Not because it's better, but because I can make adjustments at any time and know it like the back of my hand! I've learned to deal with mistakes, thank you! And not just for the mistakes!

Everyone chooses the path that is interesting to him! And then, advantageous! On the contrary, will lead to disappointment!

Apparently not enough code has been written. Any code that was made more than six months ago becomes alien (not really of course). But you have to think

For example, one of the criteria is the use of return codes where they should be.
The use of functions to trade correctly.

Vinin:

Apparently not enough code has been written. Any code that was made more than half a year ago becomes alien (not really of course). But you have to think
Before I believe in it, I check it on different parts of the story. And if it requires a little intervention, then the surprises of the market won't catch me off guard!
Reason: