MACHINE period with minus value - page 9

Yep, any Z77 based motherboard (and I think even the H77) supports it.

It seems that Intel decided to increase the sales of server stones in this way (starting with Sandy Bridge).

By the way, it costs much less than i7 - only 7K rubles and pennies.

I'm going to bed!

Roman.:

You have already been given a reference to the MA with a positive value! Draw a similar picture with a MA with a negative period value, how would it be according to you?

Perhaps you are simply confusing concepts and definitions... For example, you are confusing the period with the shift. Draw and describe it in more detail...

Why are you pushing him on the right ideas? Let him earn a little before the New Year!

Zhunko:
Why are you pushing him to do the right thing? Let him earn a little money before the New Year!

Can't do it on his own anyway... We won't do it for free...

You'll earn it! :-)

The other day there was a question on the forum "What does a person need a brain for?

The answer 'to think' seemed right to me.

This thread gives the answer more precisely: one needs the brain in order to take it out!

I assume that the next clarification will be something like "to make it (the brain) taste good").

I wonder what other consumer needs the brain can satisfy.

alsu:

Have you defined the meaning of "negative period"?

In terms of domestic logic, "period" is a period in time, it cannot be negative. For example: "the MA period is the interval of time over which we find the average price". So if this is the definition we have in mind, then talking about "the average price over the last minus 5 hours" is absurd, to say the least.

But mathematics is a tricky science; anything can happen here, the main thing is to put some sense into it. To do this, the notion of a period has to be broadened, so that the new, broader interpretation includes the old, generally accepted one, as a special case. Then everything will be all right with rhyme and meaning. And it's even likely that they will help you get the idea into code quickly and for free.

So give a clear definition of a negative period and people will come to you. Until you do, you might as well ask why you can't write "pink elephant" instead of "MA period".

I've already given a bit of an explanation, in one of the posts.... If in MA the positive period is calculated as a positive result of the average price, then I would like the negative period to be calculated as a negative result of the average price, i.e. mirroring the calculation of the positive period...

If you shift it, the MA will go backward, while you want it to form without shifting back in time when a new candle is formed...

P/S Like this...

Let me explain... In the up trend, when the MA is positive, in the MA settings, it should go under the price.... If the MA is negative, it should go above the price (if it is trending upwards...)

Caesar34:

I already gave a little explanation, in one of the posts.... If the positive period in MA is calculated as a positive result of the average price, then I would like the negative period to be calculated as a negative result of the average price, i.e. mirroring the calculation of a positive period...

If you use a shift, the MA will go backwards, and you want it to form without shifting back in time when a new candle is formed...

P/S Like this...

Let me explain... In the up trend, when the MA is positive, in the MA settings, it should go under the price.... If the MA is negative, it should go above the price (if it is trending upwards...)

If you have in mind the simple MA, the result of calculating the average on N samples does not depend on the direction of the account.

Your "smart" requirement isn't about a "negative period", but rather the calculation of the value of MA not relative to zero, but to some other level, maybe not fixed ...

Yes, I should think... A simple upward or downward shift will not work in this case. The MA should accelerate faster than the price movement.

This is a solvable problem, but unlikely to be useful.

Caesar34:

If you use a shift, the MA will go backwards, but you want it to form without shifting back in time when a new candle is formed...

Let me explain one more time... In the up trend, with the positive period in MA settings, MA should go under the price .... With a negative period, the MA should go above the price (with the up trend).

This is hardly realistic. Filters have natural limitations. There is some trade-off between smoothness and lag: the higher the smoothness, the higher the lag.

Delay can be reduced by doing something like Jurik. But this is clearly a non-linear filter, the algorithm of which is well known only by Dzurik and maybe some others.

You can make it zero, but the filter will look into the future (require future bars that don't exist yet). This is a self-deception.

In short, the correct approach here is this: you give me a detailed calculation algorithm, and Jobs (or here) will implement it for you. TORs like "I want inputs to be exactly on the tops of the zigzag and without a delay of at least 1 bar (and even with a clear picture)" do not work.

Caesar34:

Let me explain... In an up trend, with a positive period in the MA settings, the MA goes under the price.... If the period is negative, the MA should go above the price (if the trend is upwards...)

Nothing will change. It will be under the price in the same way.

Above the price - no longer interesting. It should be perpendicular to the price and 20 bars into the future!

P.S. I get the impression that the writer doesn't understand what he wants.

Reason: