[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 349

Neo333:
How the hell do you turn off the alert ???????? why after pressing the space bar, it ?(!%"?:? keeps beeping ??????????

You should not press the spacebar, but hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds until the beeping goes off.

Gentlemen! Good evening!

Can you please tell me how to perform a task: to have the local/system time(computer time) displayed on the graph, which is independent of the last tick and of the internet connection.

What I have done:

1. Scrambled

int init ()
{
   start();
}
int start()
   {
   while(IsConnected())
   {
      RefreshRates();
         if (!IsStopped())
         {
         }
   }
   return(0);
}

2. Specified the local time given in the terminal:

Comment(TimeHour(TimeLocal()), ":", TimeMinute(TimeLocal()), ":", TimeSeconds(TimeLocal()))

BUT, in case of disconnection from nets, after 3-6 minutes time stops updating, while I need it to update regardless of nets or tick. +On top of that, the looped code slows down the chart nicely.

Thought that it is possible to pull out the time using #import "User32.dll"/"Win32.dll" or maybe from "kernel32.dll" - int GetSystemTime() - here I have a question how to do it. I cannot figure it out.

Please help me!

smartemiy:

Gentlemen! Good evening!

Can you please tell me how to do the following task: to display local/system time (computer time) on the graph, which does not depend on the last tick and on the internet connection.

What I have done:

1. Scrambled

2. Specified the local time given in the terminal:

BUT, in case of disconnection from nets, after 3-6 minutes time stops updating, while I need it to update regardless of nets or tick. +On top of that, the looped code slows down the chart nicely.

Thought that it is possible to pull out the time using #import "User32.dll"/"Win32.dll" or maybe from "kernel32.dll" - int GetSystemTime() - here I have a question how to do it. I cannot figure it out.

Please help me!

If it is an indicator, there are no ticks - it won't update. It is necessary in a looped script or in an Expert Advisor.

You should use this function just in case.

Zhunko:
There are no ticks - it will not update. It must be in a looped script or expert.

Only in the script, the EA will also stop when the connection is broken.

FAQ:

Only in the script, the EA will also stop when the link breaks.

A looped one will not stop.

Ha! Looked at it closely... That's how it's looped. It's a script or an EA. And in the loop conditions there is a connection check. That's why it's not working.

Zhunko:

A looped one won't stop.

Ha! Looked at it carefully... That's how it's looped. It's a script or expert. And in the loop conditions there is a link check. That's why it doesn't work.

That's right. That's the expert.

So you have to remove the connection check?

int init ()
{
   start();
}
int start()
   {
   while(true)
   {
      RefreshRates();
   }
   return(0);
}

AndTimeToStr( datetime value, int mode=TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES) also depends on the tick

smartemiy:

Right. It's an expert.

You mean you need to remove the check for the link?

AndTimeToStr( datetime value, int mode=TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES) also depends on the tick

It should loop like this:

while(!IsStopped())
 {
 }
How does the conversion function depend on ticks?

I also recommend to remove start from the init. This is not sporty :-)) The start is looped. The init will never end. It is forbidden in the documentation.

Zhunko:

You have to loop it like this:

How does the conversion function depend on ticks?

I also recommend removing the start from the init. It's not sporty :-)) The start is looped. The init will never end. This is forbidden in the documentation.

The transform f-i will transform, and the change of the variable in this f-i will not change in the absence of the tick. TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_MINUTES) - depends on the tick.

Do you have any idea how to pull out the time from Win32/User32 in order not to make the EA get stuck?

Need a script

FAQ:
Need a script

with the same loop?
Reason: