[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 422

hoz:

I've spoken to a broker on this topic in person too... In fact there are deviations, but very infrequently. In general, if everything was like that, what would the use of the pending orders be? Then we all would have entered with market and would not have put positions which slipped by an unlimited number of pips in an unnecessary direction. If there is enough liquidity, which depends on the number of liquidity providers (LP), then the prices will be equal to those specified in the position. After all, liquidity allows it. Do you agree?

I can neither "agree" nor "disagree". In view of the fact that:

1. I do not provide liquidity and cannot be responsible for it. It is there today and it may not be there tomorrow. - In the fast market about which this question was raised, liquidity disappears very quickly (even in forex).

2. These slippages for you (me and others like us) do not happen as long as our poor deposits do not affect the market in any way. As soon as you enter the market with normal money (which I sincerely wish for everyone), liquidity will fail very quickly - and that will already be a problem. These are hackneyed questions of any big investor in the market - how to enter the market with big capital and how to fix afterwards - as soon as you start fixing, the market goes out from under your feet. And at such moments, you can have these very same pending orders executed at very unpleasant prices. - This is one of the reasons why brokers do not provide market access on weekends, because there is no liquidity, although the interbank forex works without time constraints.

From real life trading last week (on static) - entered the market (by pending) - executed ok. But the stop, which was trailing and was in good plus executed with a loss - flew on a redeemed market. Both of them were pending orders. And this is normal. This is a peculiarity of work organization on forex (interbank) for clients. You just need to understand the risks: when and in which market to enter. There are some players who avoid trades during statistics for these very reasons. And some take risks. Others put up filters (or rather think they do, or look for options), etc... There are a lot of nuances and options here - it's a long talk. So I'll just slow down. : ))

By the way, does the broker you talked to trade directly on the interbank market? - I talked to the banks which are direct participants in the interbank market (I'll leave the names hidden, because it was a private conversation).

I think this goes beyond the scope of this thread. Therefore, if anything, I suggest we go to private messages.

In general, the formulation of the question we are talking about is incorrect. All these conditions are discussed in the contract with the broker. And they are prescribed in the regulations for the execution of transactions. If the broker has one, of course (for a brokerage company). : ))

Chiripaha:

I can neither "agree" nor "disagree". In view of the fact that:

1. I do not provide liquidity and cannot be responsible for it. It is there today and it may not be there tomorrow. - In the fast market about which this question was raised, liquidity disappears very quickly (even in forex).

On the contrary, when there are no requests i.e. pending orders to enter the market, there is no liquidity. And when there are "willing", then there is liquidity and fast movements... I understand it this way. Without liquidity there would be no moves... They are conditional on something, aren't they?
Chiripaha:

2. These slippages for you (me and others like us) do not happen as long as our poor deposits do not affect the market in any way. As soon as you enter the market with normal money (which I sincerely wish for everyone), liquidity will fail very quickly - and that will become a problem.

It depends on how much a normal deposit is for you. A lot of 10,000 c.u. in a normal market swallows up without any effort if it's interbank... And if it's a kitchen, then it's a matter of luck.

Chiripaha:

From real life trading last week (on static) - entered the market (with a pause) - executed normally. But the stop, which was trailing and was in good plus executed with a loss - flew on the redeemed market. Both of them were pending orders. And this is normal. This is a peculiarity of work organization on forex (interbank) for clients. You just need to understand the risks: when and in which market to enter. There are some players who avoid trades during statistics for these very reasons. And some take risks. Others put up filters (or rather think they do, or look for options), etc... There are a lot of nuances and options here - it's a long talk. So I'll just slow down. : ))

By the way, does the broker you talked to trade directly on the interbank market? - I talked to the banks which are direct participants in the interbank market (I'll leave the names hidden, because it was a private conversation).

I think this goes beyond the scope of this thread. Therefore, if anything, I suggest that we switch to private messages.

Generally, the way you and I put the question is not correct. All these conditions are stipulated in the contract with the broker. And they are registered in the rules of executing the trades. If the broker has one, of course (for a brokerage company). : ))

1. Generally yes, such questions are better moved to private, that's not what this thread is for.

The broker I spoke with is interbank, the man opened a purely "for himself" and a couple of years did not advertise it at all... He only started providing services not long ago. In addition, he himself is 90% automated trading, but how the course does not say ... because it is his personal so to speak ... I did not ask, you have to think for yourself ...

3. Yes, initially it is necessary to read the rules, so that if something happens, you can claim something. You know, there are so many companies now that they use all the publicity that we do not have requotes! Well, if there are no requotes, then the rules should be the same as the advertisements.

The documentation says that only 8 buffers can be used to draw objects. But if I need, for example, 12, what should I do?

I don't mean for calculation, but for drawing.

hoz:

The documentation says that only 8 buffers can be used to draw objects. But if I need, for example, 12, what should I do?

You can use as many objects as you want, but the indicator has 8 buffers.

hoz:

Here are 100 lines:

Zhunko:

Here are 100 lines:

iCustom to yourself?

Zhunko:

Here are 100 lines:

I had the same idea... Via iCustom?

Because each line is a separate buffer! So more than 20 buffers means 20 lines, 30 buffers means 30 lines, etc.

I mean, of course, objects that have different properties i.e. if an inductor will draw a vertical line, for example, at the end of each day, it is only one buffer. But if it's a bunch of dummies, then it's as many buffers as there are dummies. This is just as an example.

hoz:

I had the same idea... Via iCustom?

Because each line is a separate buffer! So, more than 20 buffers - 20 lines, 30 buffers - 30 lines... etc.

I mean, of course, the objects that have different properties i.e. if the indicator will draw a vertical line, for example, at the end of each day, then it is only one buffer. But if it's a bunch of dummies, then it's as many buffers as there are dummies. This is just as an example.

These are graphical objects. Trend lines. You can draw anything.

Zhunko:
These are graphical objects. Trend lines. You can draw anything you like.

Pfft... I thought... We can do that:

Zhunko:
These are graphical objects. Trend lines. You can draw anything you want.

If each buffer (each line) has its own parameters (colour, thickness, etc.), then how will these parameters be passed to each line?
Reason: