[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 338

solnce600:

Thanks for the valuable advice.

I would be grateful if you could tell me where to read about what requirements should meet the TOR (terms of reference)

Have a look at the articles. Composter wrote

borilunad:

Then you have to take a textbook and study everything! And while this is not a ToR, then you need Work All you need is to get what you want! Good luck!

Thank you very much for the valuable advice.

I have studied and am still studying the textbook, maybe I haven't understood all the material adequately yet.

But I think I've mastered the basics of programming.... I am able to write a simple Expert Advisor.

I agree - it takes a lot of experience to grasp the intricacies of programming.

You're saying that my problem statement and resulting question don't meet the requirements for a properly formulated ToR.

of a properly written terms of reference.

But if I'm not mistaken the ToR is composed by a man who wants to code some algorithm... He wants but can not.

And he asks for help from a programmer, who writes a program based on the requirements specification.

I did not set a goal to ask the programmer to write me a program and for this to write him TOR.

I want to try to write an EA following the algorithm, which I have coded and tested in its basic outlines.

But I don't have enough knowledge to bring the code of the algorithm to an optimal condition.

And to get this knowledge and I came to a forum, and asked a specific question to professionals, ie you.

I put my question very specifically and clearly.

If you for some reason can not give me a specific answer to my question, I would be grateful if you could at least tell me in what specific direction I need to further deepen their

Knowledge, that to receive the answer to the question.

There is so much information - and to find exactly the one I need to solve a particular problem without the help of a professional is very difficult and, most importantly, time-consuming.

Thanks again for the valuable information you've shared with me.

solnce600:

Thank you very much for your valuable advice.

I've read the textbook and I'm still studying it, maybe I haven't understood all the material adequately yet.

But I think I've mastered the basics of programming.... I can write a simple Expert Advisor.

I agree - it takes a lot of experience to grasp the intricacies of programming.

You're saying that my problem statement and resulting question don't meet the requirements for a properly formulated ToR.

of a properly written terms of reference.

But if I'm not mistaken TOR is compiled by a man who wants to code some algorithm... He wants but can not.

And he asks for help from a programmer, who writes a program based on the requirements specification.

I did not set a goal to ask the programmer to write me a program and for this to write him TOR.

I want to try to write an EA following the algorithm, which I have coded and tested in its basic outlines.

But I don't have enough knowledge to bring the code of the algorithm to an optimal condition.

And to get this knowledge and I came to a forum, and asked a specific question to professionals, ie you.

I put my question very specifically and clearly.

If you for some reason can not give me a specific answer to my question, I would be grateful if you could at least tell me in what specific direction I need to further deepen their

Knowledge, that to receive the answer to the question.

There is so much information - and to find exactly the one I need to solve a particular problem without the help of a professional is very difficult and, most importantly, time-consuming.

Thank you again for the valuable information you share with me.

Andrey, I am not a professional! But when I need something, I dig in the ground and find it, so I sent you to work. I wasn't interested by your idea because the breakthrough after a pullback is always 50/50, so I recommended you to use pending orders. And this "pullback" on your screenshot is not a pullback, but a small trend. And who knows how to calculate the future? You are looking at the past and want to justify something. You look to use time series for as many bars as you want, but it's not a matter of one day, or a week, or maybe more! This didn't convince me, so I didn't go into it further as I have a lot of work to do myself! What I could suggest, and something else, do not judge! All the best to you!

Among terminals from different DCs I have one which allows to open many independently working terminals from one directory.

In this case each of these terminals can work with their own accounts, settings, sets of Expert Advisors, graphical objects, indicators and profiles.

In other words, when you double-click the appropriate icon on the desktop, terminal opens. Click twice more - another terminal opens. And so on.

Very convenient. All indicators, Expert Advisors, etc. are located in the same directories for all opening terminals.

For all the other brokerage companies it is necessary to install each new terminal in a separate directory.

Consequently, any changes or updates of indicators, etc. have to be made in different directories of each terminal.

What is the reason that such Terminal's operation in multimode is not used at other brokers and brokerage companies?

Is there any way to make such feature appear in the terminals of brokerage companies you trade with?

Or just one brokerage company added such a function to its terminal and we cannot do it manually?

Thank you.

borilunad:

Andrei, I am not a professional! But when I need something, I dig and find it, so I sent you back to work. I'm not interested in your idea, because a breakthrough after a pullback is always 50/50, that's why I recommended you to use pending orders. And such a "pullback" on your screenshot is not a pullback, but a small trend. And who knows how to calculate the future? You are looking at the past and want to justify something. You look to use time series for as many bars as you want, but it's not a matter of one day, or a week, or maybe more! This didn't convince me, so I didn't go into it further as I have a lot of work to do myself! What I could suggest, and something else, do not judge! All the best to you!

OK, I got it. Thanks for the chat.

Explanation just in case:

- my strategy does not try to catch any trend ... neither its beginning, nor its middle, nor its end.

- On my last screen is just a single, isolated example illustrating the essence of my problem, which I want to solve

- i agree that after a pullback - the breakdown is always statistically 50/50..... if we stand on the breakdown after each pullback.

But if we break it only in certain cases after a pullback, the balance chart will look like the one I showed you

in the first two screens.

http://clip2net.com/s/539vSP

http://clip2net.com/s/539zvi

For other symbols I haven't tested my strategy yet, but I'm sure their balance graphs will be not much different

from the ones on the screens.

Running the ClusterDelta_VolumeProfile indicator

Message - 2013.05.13 11:16:33 ClusterDelta_VolumeProfile EURUSD,H1: incorrect start position 0 for ArrayMaximum function

I've already disabled the firewall and suspended the antivirus, but it still doesn't work...

rigc:

Running the ClusterDelta_VolumeProfile indicator

Message - 2013.05.13 11:16:33 ClusterDelta_VolumeProfile EURUSD,H1: incorrect start position 0 for ArrayMaximum function

I've already disabled the firewall and suspended the antivirus, but it still doesn't work...

You need to post code, not compiled code.

Roger:

You should post the code, not the compiled program.

alas, they are already on the clusterdelta website in this form...

borilunad:
Do variables written in an extern get lost? It has never happened! But all conditions are before my eyes and at my fingertips in start(), and functions that are outside start(), I assign checks and final non-changeable actions! I may be wrong by and large, but so far I'm comfortable this way, and I haven't received a single error or rakeback on Real yet! I always read your posts carefully, Artem, and other experienced programmers like alsu, Meat and others, as well as guest moderators! But not everything is still within my capabilities, so I can't apply what is not yet clear to me to the smallest detail. thanks for everything!

I wasn't talking about external variables. I was talking about this.

Let's imagine a situation. A decision has to be made according to the last open position.

For the tester:

We create variables, in which we will store the necessary data of the last opened position.

As soon as a new position is opened, we will immediately add the required data into these variables.

When a signal to open a next position comes (for example, after 20 tester minutes), we need to check some criteria, by which we decide on the data of the position to be opened. These criteria, by convention, depend on the previous position opened. We read them from variables (we saved them at the previous opening) and use them as additional data for a new position.

When we open a position, we store the new data about the newly opened position in the variables.

For real:

Let's imagine the same situation, but ... Imagine that after the last position was opened and its data stored in variables, 10 minutes have passed (another 10 minutes have to pass before the next position is opened (we have just assumed this in a 'tester')). And in this interval of time, the Expert Advisor was restarted for some reason.

What happens after the restart of the EA with data of the last opened position, which was stored in variables? They will not exist.

So where do we need to get them? Right - search. This is why we need the function of searching for the necessary data. It is therefore better to find everything at once, when we need it, and not store it in variables, which is really much easier and faster.

Sorry for the late clarification - just got out into the world ... :))

hoz:

Artyom, can you give me an example? After all, you can even replace a variable with a function. You can't replace a function with a variable :)

An example of the situation above. I apologise for the delay.
Reason: