[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 164

Silence... Can anyone write an advisor or tell me who to contact... Or is this a question that needs to be addressed in another thread?

Prix:
Silence... Can anyone write an advisor or tell me who to contact... Or should I go to another thread with this question?
Job

borilunad:
The best thing to do is to start learning everything from a textbook seriously and it will come out faster, you will save your time and ours! You can't start with an Expert Advisor straight away, because you are a beginner, not an expert! You will always have time to lose your deposit. Don't think that you will suddenly earn by it!
Thanks for the answer. I have already reread the textbook twice. I don't think it would be much use without practice. I have to write programs and check their work in the terminal, starting from the very beginning. And the tutorial might give some practical trading examples, not how to count sheep in the trading terminal. That's okay, I will figure it out in time. Especially now that the weekend is over and quotes have appeared in the terminal. The trader must be able to program himself, so that he could test any idea with an Expert Advisor on the history.

00007:
Thank you for your reply. I have already reread the tutorial twice. Without practice it will be of little use, for programme codes to work you need to write them and check in the terminal how they work, starting small. And the tutorial might give some practical trading examples, not how to count sheep in the trading terminal. That's okay, I will figure it out in time. Especially now that the weekend is over and quotes have appeared in the terminal. The trader must be able to program himself, so that he could test any idea with the help of his Expert Advisor on the history.
So, instead of re-reading, start to examine the examples of S. Kovalev, his indicators and Expert Advisor, which are always relevant and useful. And you can experiment with them to see how each parameter works. Then study the Documentation and look around in CodeBase. You won't gain any knowledge from hints, you'll only get your hopes up in vain! :(

borilunad:
So, instead of re-reading, start taking apart S. Kovalev's examples, his indicator, his Expert Advisor, which are always relevant and useful. And you can experiment with them to see how each parameter works. Then study the Documentation and look around in CodeBase. You won't gain any knowledge from hints, you'll only get your hopes up in vain! :(
Thank you very much humanly, I found on CodeBase an excellent article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1404#comments "Order management is simple" Created: 02.06.2006 Author: Andrey Khatimlianskii. One of the comments: ...helped me in learning the language ...kudos to !!!!.... I want to thank you once again!!! I completely reconsidered my approach to writing EAs, it is now very easy to find errors, and the code is much more convenient to work with...

00007:
Thank you very much humanly, I went to CodeBase and found just a great article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1404#comments called "Order management is simple" Created: 02.06.2006 Author: Andrey Khatimlianskii. One of the comments: ...helped me in learning the language ...kudos to you !!!!.... I want to thank you again!!! I completely changed my approach to writing EAs, it became very easy to find bugs, and the code became madly convenient to work with ...
I heartily congratulate you on your discovery! And this is not the last one, but only the first one, of which there will be a lot! And what you discover by yourself will be your knowledge, not by hints, which, before they fly in, vanish without leaving a trace in your head!

WeaRy:
Good evening ! Please tell me why it's been "waiting for update" for 20 minutes ? connection status is stable. it's my first time using the terminal. thanks in advance.
Are the ticks coming from the left ?

Hi. I am a beginner, please help me to understand I want to earn some money on forex, is the demo version any different from the original program or not?

lemesev66:
Hi. I am a newbie, I want to earn some money on forex, can you tell me if the demo version is different from the original program or not?

They are different, of course. Either by functionality or time limitation...

I haven't done much work with indicators. I thought I'd catch up. I have noticed this moment. Some indicators useArrayInitialize() function.

Some indicators do not use it, though they have buffers in both cases. However, buffers are used in both cases. What is the reason?

It is written in help that this function Sets all elements of a numeric array to the same value but I don't really understand what it means. When an array is declared, the type of the array and the number of its elements are specified. What else do I need? If it is zeroing, judging by the example in the tutorial, again, it's not applicable everywhere. So, is the value zeroed in one indicator and not in the other? I actually don't understand how to work with this function and if it is needed at all? Please clarify this point.

Reason: