[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 7

rigonich:

You can close and reopen the offline chart with the arrival of a new bar.

Labour-intensive and you have to keep track of when to re-open the chart. Spoils the whole idea...

alxm:

Labour-intensive and you have to keep track of when to re-open the schedule. Spoils the whole idea...

Finished the comment on the previous page, probably didn't have time to read it before you did.

rigonich:

Error 0 is returned if the operation was successful, 2 is a glitch of the terminal or operating system, must reboot, 3 is your case, you can either just exit the start and this error will not occur on the next tick, or update the data and proceed to the next iteration, if you are working on multiple orders in the loop.

Thanks for the reply.

The EA or the terminal does NOT freeze when these errors occur. Everything works as intended and the above errors are overcome without any additional intervention. It is just a little annoying when the message about them appears.

So I understand, that "medicine has no power here"... :)

alxm:
Hello! Does anybody know. Is it possible to disable receiving or rather display quotes in real time in MT4? I.e. I need the program to draw the bar when it is already closed at a given timeframe. The intriguing wandering of the price up/down while the bar is forming will be removed. Thank you!

Describe in more detail the problem you are facing. The solution may be much simpler than the one you are working on.

For example, if you need an indicator that calculates all but the last bar, there are functions that allow you to set these calculations. For that I suggest you study the information on this page:https://docs.mql4.com/ru/series/iTime

nemo811:

Thanks for the reply.

The EA or the terminal does NOT freeze when these errors occur. Everything works as intended and the above errors are overcome without any additional intervention. It is just a little annoying when the message about them appears.

So I understand that "medicine has no power here"... :)

Where are the messages? They can probably just not be displayed, can't they?

rigonich:

Where are the messages? You can just leave them out, can't you?

:) ...Of course, you can leave the messages out. I just wanted to find out how critical these errors are.

nemo811:

Describe your task in more detail. The solution may be much simpler than the one you are working on.

For example, if you need an indicator that calculates all but the last bar, there are functions that allow you to set these calculations. For this purpose I suggest you study the information on this page:https://docs.mql4.com/ru/series/iTime

The task is very simple. Any analysis, for the sake of usefulness of doubt almost any analysis, is done on closed bars. A bar that is in the process of forming is still useless in this view. It only confuses and "fascinates". So why look at it. The current price in the real time mode is also useless. One does not want to see it either. The chart should be plotted as usual minus the unformed last bar and the current price. When the roulette wheel is spinning and it is already announced that there are no more bets - one can only watch with excitement as the ball bounces on the roulette wheel and wait for the final point. There is no limit here. And at that point, anything can happen

alxm:

The idea is good, but still the price line and the price itself to the right remains on the chart. We can colour it with the background colour, but then all symbols on X and Y axis will be invisible... No other options?

build the indicator in a separate window

and stretch it to the top

alxm:

The task is very simple. Any analysis, practically any analysis, is performed on closed bars for the purpose of usefulness of doubts. A bar which is in the process of forming is still useless in such a view. It only confuses and "fascinates". So why look at it. The current price in the real time mode is also useless. One does not want to see it either. The chart should be plotted as usual minus the unformed last bar and the current price. When the roulette wheel is spinning and it is already announced that there are no more bets - one can only watch with excitement as the ball bounces on the roulette wheel and wait for the final point. There is no limit here. And at that point, anything happens.

So you just want to get the last bar off the chart and out of your sight? If that's the only problem, then unfortunately I don't know the solution. It seems that mql4 alone will not do.

Contact the mt4 developers - maybe they will like your idea and will introduce additional features on this terminal. :)

I can't figure it out - how to rename an object?

I understand that ObjectSet () - But in the list of object properties I don't see the required parameter. How it is done? If at all it is possible to do (in idea they should be renamed somehow).

Reason: