Don't go to the market, girls ;) - page 3

sanyooooook:

Well then, if random market entries are known

didn't get the point.

Mischek2:
I don't get the point

Name a strategy that you think gives random entries and exits

sanyooooook:

Name a strategy that you think gives random entries.

Take any of the codebases, you can't go wrong.

Mischek2:

take any of the codebase, you can't go wrong

here, i.e. we know when and where the strategy will enter by chance, and if we know the place and time why not eat the spread there (not on MT4 of course)?

sanyooooook:

here, i.e. we know when and where the strategy will enter by chance, and if we know the place and time why not eat up the spread there (not on MT4 of course)?

I don't get it.

Mischek2:

i don't get it

If you know where there will be an entrance and put a limit, we know where the entrance is, most traders work randomly, therefore the limit with a high probability will be bitten.

sanyooooook:

You know where there will be an entrance and you put a limit, we know where the entrance is, most traders work randomly, the limit is very likely to be gobbled up, if not, there is no problem.

Thump

You're on the phone.

sanyooooook:

You know when and where the strategy will enter by chance, and if you know the place and time, why not eat the spread (not on MT4)?

A random system drains at the rate of the spread. And if you take that spread away, you'll just be in zeros. So what's the point?

And by the way, you forgot to take into account that you get charged a commission. There's no way you can "eat it up" :)

Again, don't forget that he who enters on the market is guaranteed to enter the market. And your limiter might not get a turn, the market will turn around and you'll miss a profitable trade. But you will not be able to miss a losing trade :) Therefore, your expectation decreases. In fact, it compensates for the missed spread :) So in the end, your advantage is negligible.

Meat:

A random system drains at the rate of the spread. And if you take that spread away, you'll just be in zeros. So what's the point?

And by the way, you forgot to take into account that you get charged a commission. You will not be able to "eat it up" :)

The average spread is 3 p. The commission is about 0.6 p. You can make the spread 1 p. This is enough to make a profit.
Reason: