Don't go to the market, girls ;)

I'm looking at it and thinking: Uncle Misha was right when he said that the spread eats up all the profits.

For today the spread was 365,000.

ZS: But if someone enters on the market, then someone is sure to limit, hence I conclude that entering on the market is unprofitable on average.

Files:
ffloc.zip  302 kb

sanyooooook:

ZS: But if someone enters by market then someone will surely use Limit

How do you understand this? So in an ecn or ndd account, if you entered the market, it means that you overlapped someone else's limit position?

Hence the conclusion that entering the market is, on average, unprofitable.

So don't be pipsqueaky and you'll be fine.

Or build a strategy on Limits - they slip in trader's favour.

jelizavettka:
How do you understand this? I.e. on an ecn or ndd account, if you have entered the market, it means you have overlapped someone else's limit position?

Yes, if you have in fact overlapped it, but in these accounts entering with a limit order is the same as in the market, and in general on MT4 there are no limit orders, only pending orders.

jelizavettka:

So don't pussyfoot around and you'll be fine.

Or build your strategy on limits - they slide in the trader's favour.

The market is not the point, I just said that the average market entry is unprofitable, which does not mean that the market entry is completely unprofitable.

sanyooooook:

That's not the point, I was just saying that on average market entry is unprofitable, which does not mean that market entry is totally unprofitable.
You have discovered the Americas. The market is a zero-sum game minus commission (spread) and taxes.

sanyooooook:

I look at this and think: Uncle Misha was right when he said that the spread eats up all the profits.

Today the spread has taken 365,000.

ZS: But if someone enters on the market then someone is sure to limit, hence I conclude entry on the market is unprofitable on average.

And the limit ones are profitable on average?

sanyooooook:

That's not the point, all I was saying was that the average market entry is unprofitable

If you have a lot of trades, you can bargain with some brokerage companies to reduce the spread.

If you have a lot of trades you can negotiate with some brokerage companies to reduce the spread.

PapaYozh:

Is the average profit in Limit?

If you can do the math, the average buy price is 3 pips higher than the average sell price, + 2,500 lots in minus. these are all market entries from yesterday's session on the Eurodollar futures on Forts.

The market is in the loss to those who limit may be in the plus (the average spread). Commission of 1 rub per contract.

Andrei01:

If you have a lot of trades, you can bargain with some brokerage companies to reduce the spread.

If you have a lot of trades you can negotiate with some brokerage companies to reduce the spread.

I'm not talking about the mt4 order placement system

ZZZ: brokerage companies do their job properly)

sanyooooook:
I am not talking about the MT4 order placement system
it has nothing to do with MT4. the limit order is always placed in advance and against the market - hence the worst price.

when did the 3-ruble purchase price become worse than the 5-ruble purchase price?
Reason: