FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 17: July 2012) - page 509

Kitsan:
The horizontal strokes are volumes. You have to set it for your terminal, there is a text document with settings description in the archive.

Aaaaaaah! Thanks, but what are the best numbers to use for a five digit number?

I don't quite understand the inputs... I'll leave it as it is for now. I need to see what it is.

emotraid:

aaaaaaaaahhhhhh thanks now i'll read it, and for five digits what's the best number to put?

On the first tab, tick the box to allow DLL imports.

On the second tab:

Profile_Period - specifies the interval within which the volume profiles will be built. The interval may be custom (value = 0) or preset (1 - hours, 2 - days, 3 - weeks, 4 - Asia, 5 - European session, 6 - American (from 17:00 Moscow time), 7 - CME (from 18:30 Moscow time) ( optional)

Forex_shift - positive or negative value in pips, to shift profile by this distance ( I put -100 on five digits)

Instrument - AUTO or futures ticker. In AUTO mode the script tries to find the futures itself(I set 6E)

MetaTrader_GMT - GMT time of your terminal. In AUTO mode the script will try to find this parameter by itself, but it is only possible in an open market. When market is closed, it is highly recommended to set this value forcibly(I set 3 - it is my terminal GMT)

If_ONLINE_is_TRUE_set_update - update time in seconds. ( I set it to 60 )

VP_position - 0 - draw profile on the chart, 1 - draw on the left border of the window, 2 - draw on the right border of the window ( you can choose)
Color - as you like...

That's about it)

Kitsan:

On the second tab:

Profile_Period - specifies the interval within which the volume profiles will be built. Period may be custom (value = 0), or preset (1 - hours, 2 - days, 3 - weeks, 4 - Asia, 5 - European session, 6 - American (from 17:00 Moscow time), 7 - CME (from 18:30 Moscow time) ( your choice)

Forex_shift - positive or negative value in pips, to shift the profile by this distance ( I put -100 on five digits)

Instrument - AUTO or Futures Ticker. In AUTO mode the script tries to find the futures by itself(I set 6E)

MetaTrader_GMT - time GMT of your terminal. In AUTO mode the script will try to find this parameter by itself, but it is only possible in an open market. When market is closed it is highly recommended to set this value(I set 3, it is my terminal GMT).

VP_position - 0 - draw profile on chart, 1 - draw on left border of window, 2 - draw on right border of window ( optional)
Colour - as you like...

I think that's all)

What is this indicator anyway? What does it show and how does it help in trading?

Kitsan:

On the second tab:

Profile_Period - specifies the interval within which the volume profiles will be built. Period may be custom (value = 0), or preset (1 - hours, 2 - days, 3 - weeks, 4 - Asia, 5 - European session, 6 - American (from 17:00 Moscow time), 7 - CME (from 18:30 Moscow time) ( your choice)

Forex_shift - positive or negative value in pips, to shift the profile by this distance ( I put -100 on five digits)

Instrument - AUTO or Futures Ticker. In AUTO mode the script tries to find the futures by itself(I set 6E)

MetaTrader_GMT - time GMT of your terminal. In AUTO mode the script will try to find this parameter by itself, but it is only possible in an open market. When market is closed it is highly recommended to set this value(I set 3, it is my terminal GMT).

VP_position - 0 - draw profile on chart, 1 - draw on left border of window, 2 - draw on right border of window ( optional)
Colour - as you like...

I think that's all)

shestakoff84:
What is this indicator anyway? What does it show and how does it help in trading?

It is a volume indicator. It shows trading levels, you can see when the dough is flowing in, it helps some people in trading and others do not)

Kitsan:

Volume indicator. It shows trading levels, you can see when the dough is flowing in, it helps some people in trading and some do not)
I see, thank you! I don't think I need it...

shestakoff84:
I see, thank you! I don't think I'll need it...
what do you use to enter the market? (just curious)

Mac, Stochastic and Momentum + Fibonacci lines

lactone:
What do you use to enter the market? (just curious)

Forum, emotions....

it's interesting how ... order position is almost the same in alp and inst, in insta -0.43 lot 0.02 and in alp -1.97 lot 0.01 ... enough depo I'll be draining for two years ))))
Reason: