Optimal moving average - page 6

jelizavettka:

Paukas is great on some instruments... and doesn't care about trend/float.

The drawing is from 2010 and has not been optimized at all. It will be the same on real/demo. No overshooting. Stops everywhere.

2jelizavettka- can I change my MA for example to 2500 and see the result? :)

Aleksander:
2jelizavettka- can you change the MA parameter in the EA to e.g. 2500 and see the result?:)

Not possible.

? что лучше? :)

Armenian radio is asked:

-which is better? The Ford Focus or the Toyota Yaris?

Armenian radio answers:

-the best is a Mercedes Brabus.

panzernik:

There are 2 averages on the chart - the blue one is more accurate in its price envelope. Purely practically, it's inconvenient to make a chart estimate every time and then readjust the moving averages. Although, the human eye is able to do it quite well and accurately.
Have you understood my question yet?

Judging by your constructions you need a moving average with minimal deviation of price from it while maximizing the period

But that won't make you happy. It is just as important as any other tool how it is used. In other words, it is useless for practice to discuss the optimal period in isolation from the system, and therefore the market process behind it. But usually, the appropriate period is the one that most people use. Because the speculative system earns on anticipation of massive trades of others.

Freud:

By the way, Yosya, you are fond of wave theory... And you must have MT indicators that pass macdi or its derivative through Butterworth or Chebyshev filters. Do you have them? Without them it would be difficult to distinguish the "true" signals.

Gentlemen, you're getting yourselves worked up here. BE MORE FORGIVING.

panzernik:
Gentlemen, you're getting yourselves worked up here. BE MORE FORGIVING.
I agree. You just have to sell on the tops and buy on the troughs - that's all)), and they draw some kind of sine wave in Paint. By the way, Paint is a powerful tool of Freudian graphic analysis, didn't you know?

Freud:

Where's the connection between the first and the second in your post?)

here's an individual case.

I was just asking if you have these filters in the form of indicators... IN MT? I couldn't find them on google, I couldn't find them in the codebase. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. If I don't find them, I'll write them myself. - I just need them for one thing...

Freud:

I have nothing in mt4, I do everything in excel....
Eh, no luck... move to mt... you can't trade with excel. I don't think so.

Freud:

That's what we were talking about yesterday, 4 sine wave trades, in 3 cases we are at zero (if you don't count the spread, with the spread we are at minus) and only in the last case we are at plus.
The sine cycle (360 degrees) - one of the elementary models, which can be used to describe the price movement, according to which: the result of price movement is zero, the "trendiness" is the same as "flatness" (i.e. the price chart is neither trending nor flat, it is neutral).
The SL of the position is equal to the TP.

Reason: