Martingale again - page 9

dem1305:
For the record, the risk is mitigated by virtual bets, the martin smokes in silence while we wait for the weather.

The option here is to miss just the right bet, as you say, which would close your series in the "+".

I've already been doing these martins for almost a year. It's no use, I still lose as a result.

Bicus: The point is that as soon as you switch to a trending strategy, the trend is over.

In the first case it is not a fact, and in the second case it is not a problem, you switch back to flat. Of course, bad luck with predicting the direction will result in the same equity drop as bad luck with averaging. But you are not bound to the direction that provides more room for maneuvering.

Bicus: I've been trying these martins for almost a year now. It's no use, I still end up losing.

Try to change the anti-martin, then the system with martin and anti-martin. Try to change parameters such as "double", "after one failed trade", "to recoup all losses". Try to change these parameters depending on the trading context. You can juggle with the dynamics of TP and SL ratio, control the risk. At the end of the day there may be something wrong with the basket of instruments. There are a lot of variations.

It's harder to become Nostradamus and predict the prices. The mankind is not yet able to solve all simple problems with clear regularities. And then there is the market - billions of economic agents, each with their own goals and opportunities. And all this changes over time, plus the constant random influence of external forces: natural anomalies, wacky politicians, scientific discoveries, and technical failures.

GaryKa:
Try anti-martin, then anti-martin and anti-martin systems. Try to change parameters such as "double up", "after one unsuccessful trade", "to recover all losses". Try to change these parameters depending on the trading context. You can juggle with the dynamics of TP and SL ratio, control the risk. At the end of the day there may be something wrong with the basket of instruments. There are a lot of variants.

I'm telling you: it's no use.

Give me any cell phone, and I'll find a period in history or a currency pair where it will sell out.

Bicus:

I'm telling you: it's no use.

Give me any cell phone, and I'll find a period in history or a currency pair where it's a bust.

Maximalism is for teenagers. You need to set a more realistic goal. Get the Expert Advisor to earn substantially more between plums than losses from plums. This can be facilitated by setting up the Expert Advisor in such a way that it can start working with a small initial deposit and quickly build up the deposit. Timely withdrawal of the earned funds is necessary. Well, the entry should not be done from scratch, but with the use of the TA.

Well, well. I'm particularly amused by the line about setting it up. On history, huh?

Good luck with your hard work.

Bicus:

Well, well. I'm particularly amused by the line about setting it up. On history, I guess, huh?

By the way, EAs with martin compared to others show good results on the forward test, - tested on real.

Sorry, but I can't see anything but co-optimised tester stats with a martin. Maybe you have a REAL account with a martin that has lasted more than a year? If you have, then you are a lucky man and one can only envy you. Why don't you show me the state? Or better yet, monitor it?

I just ran another martin fake in the tester. The advertisement says balance to the skies. The first test has shown (with different settings) that the Expert Advisor does not hold for more than a week. It has lost 50,000 GEL in a week. Pretty cool, isn't it?

dem1305:
For the record, the risk is mitigated by virtual bets, while Martin smokes in silence and we wait for the weather.

what are virtual bets and how do they reduce risk?

m_a_sim:

What are virtual bets and how do they reduce risk?
I understand that virtual are those that are not exposed in real life, for example, after a certain number of profitable trades, the bot simply stops trading, because after the profitable must be a loss-making (this is the theory of the cycle):) and he is these loss-making, which are set virtually - "virtually" supersedes, and as profitable he turns and begins to trade, something like that, as I understand)

Bicus:

Well, well. I'm particularly amused by the line about setting it up. On history, I guess, huh?

It depends on what kind of lot, and if you leave a bot without overoptimisation it will naturally sell, there is no bot that will work always and everywhere without overoptimisation - you need to understand this clearly and look at things realistically, all bots will sell without overoptimisation, and thinking that you put the bot for a year and forget, and at the end of the year to take the profit - naive.
Reason: