Why valenok2003 is against MT5 - page 19

MetaDriver: That Cow has long since evolved into the Princesa.
That's great!

But "smartness" without structures, OOP and lack of brain-softening lokking cannot be achieved, that much is obvious!

Is that your idea of a joke?

FION:
It doesn't scare me, I just don't like it in terms of robots working together. As long as the 4 is alive, I'm not going to worry about it, but we'll see.

Apparently MT5 is a dead end for forex. The brokerage companies do not use it because they have to support a new platform along with MT4, plus it is more difficult to cheat, and traders usually prefer a platform that is more popular. The other thing is if the broker reduces the spread on MT5, may be there will be some motivation, otherwise the rationale is not obvious. If we take into account the fact that even in the transition to MT5 the brokerage company must support MT4, then the terminal part of MT5 will naturally degenerate itself, and the server parts will merge into one whole because there is no other way out.

Andrei01:

It is not profitable for DCs because ..... it is harder to cheat, which is a big disadvantage for them

Don't you think that this will encourage traders to switch to MT5 platform? And the brokerage companies will have no choice but to implement it?

sergeev:

Don't you think it will encourage traders to switch to MT5 platform? And the brokerage companies will have no choice but to adopt it?

It will, but whether the control can be implemented on MT4 is unclear.

Andrei01:

Apparently MT5 is a dead end for forex. It is not profitable for brokerage companies because they have to spend money to support a new platform along with MT4, plus it is harder to cheat, which is a big disadvantage for them, and traders usually prefer a platform that is more widespread and used. The other thing is if the broker reduces the spread on MT5, may be there will be some motivation, otherwise the rationale is not obvious. If we take into account the fact that even in the transition to MT5 the brokerage company must support MT4, then the terminal part of MT5 will naturally degenerate itself, and the server parts will merge into one whole because there is no other way out.

No, it is not a dead end. It is not for nothing that Rinat prioritises its speed. Thus, the algorithms of robots may become much more complex and the optimization and testing will be done within a reasonable timeframe. This is purely technical, in terms of algorithm development. But the fact that it is impossible to run robots with different strategies on the same pair is a definite big disadvantage. Besides, the experience shows that very complex and resource-intensive algorithms are not necessary for successful trading. One may agree that they are necessary for high-frequency trading, but most "house traders" do not have such a luxury. In 90 out of 100 cases, the functionality and speed of MT-4 are quite enough. At the same time, the language of MQL4 can be easily comprehended even by non-professionals. If we evaluate the platforms in terms of points, I think MT-4 will win.

FION:
But the fact that you can't run it on the same pair of robots with different strategies is definitely a big disadvantage.
You can https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/88

You can also rip your tonsils out through your ass...

In my opinion, what is in the link does not solve the problem at all. IMHO there is a huge difference between commands posted on the broker's server(OCO or lock system) and commands coming from the client's terminal. Whatever, it's getting boring already. I'm sure if quadruple is gone, this niche will be occupied by another terminal whose manufacturers have a different attitude to this issue. Metaquotes tie a trader's hands, and some have joy. What tomorrow? Orders to send by phone :)

220Volt:

In my opinion, what is on the link does not solve the problem at all. IMHO there is a huge difference between commands posted on the broker's server(OCO or lot system) and commands coming from the client's terminal. Whatever, it's getting boring already. I'm sure if quadruple is gone, this niche will be occupied by another terminal whose manufacturers have a different attitude to this issue. Metaquotes tie a trader's hands and some have joy. What's tomorrow? Orders to send by phone :)

A market redistribution in which MT4 may have minimal chance of survival.

Upgr vs fives. We are talking about redistribution of the market on a legislative level, with a host of consequences, like takeovers/closures of dc's.

Reason: