[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 501

yosuf:
The computer can't cope with 58 platforms running at the same time, so, now I run each of them every night for 1-3 minutes and turn them off until the next night. I wanted to automate this process.

I see. Then read the information on the link more carefully. Work it out. Everything can be arranged there... You set the time, the actions... etc.

Roman.:

I see. Then read the information on the link more carefully. Work it out. Everything can be arranged there... You set the time, the actions... etc.

It only says when to start the task, but nothing about how to stop the task running.

yosuf:
There is no indication in the link of how to stop a running task. After all, we need to shut down the terminal 5 minutes after it has started, what should we do?
And dig into the Scheduler settings? It's even more straightforward here. Stopping the task means unloading the process.

TarasBY:
How about digging into the Scheduler settings? It's even more self-explanatory here.
It seems to me that the "shut down platform" operation is easier to designate as a separate task than trying to stop the platform within the "start platform" task. How to find the "stop" command line (red terminal button) - don't know.

TarasBY:
How about digging into the Scheduler settings? It's even more straightforward here. Stopping the task means unloading the process.
It describes the option to stop the task running. I don't know if this will shut down the platform, I'll give it a try.

yosuf:
It describes an option to stop the task running. I don't know if this will cause the platform to shut down, I'll give it a try.

What kind of camcorder? What kind of RAM? Operating system? What's so bent out of shape... It's not yet known how reliable it all will be...

Have you ever thought about making 29 terminals, for example, instead of 58, each with its own account, of course, combining several currency pairs and exposures (for example, to combine related pairs).

If the kamp pulls it, then there won't be anything to DESIGN with the scheduler about it...

Although... :-)

Of course, the number is nice: 58 exps, 58 terminals...

At least, I go further with ...58 parrots, 58 oranges, 58 millions (albeit cents!) :-)

But, on the other hand, 28 isn't a bad number either... We have a chain shop in town: 28 oranges! :-)

Roman.:

What kind of camcorder? What kind of RAM? Operating system? What's so bent out of shape... It's not yet known how reliable it all will be...

Have you ever thought about using not 58 but 29 terminals, each terminal with its own account, of course, combining several currency pairs and exposures (for example, combine related pairs)?

If the company can handle it, there will be no need to make any troubles with the planner in this regard...

Although... :-)

The number is certainly nice: 58 exps, 58 terminals...

At least, I go further with ...58 parrots, 58 oranges, 58 millions (albeit cents!) :-)

But, on the other hand, 28 is not a bad number either... We have a chain of shops in my town: 28 oranges! :-)

They are launched within Zulu project and I myself wondering where, when and how they will stumble and what rankings they will get among other EAs, although earnings here are minimal - I've earned only $3 for 2 months. Cent account with 36 Expert Advisors is working regularly - I have 150$ out of 200$ invested, although I have suffered drawdown up to 40$. I think, this week the funds will be recovered and, probably, the profit should go further. We assume and the market disposes.

yosuf:
They are launched within Zulu project and I myself am interested to see where, when and how they will stumble and what ranking they will get among other EAs, although earnings here are minimal - I've earned only 3$ for 2 months. Cent account with 36 Expert Advisors is working regularly - I have 150$ out of 200$ invested, although I have suffered drawdown up to 40$. I think, this week the funds will be recovered and, probably, the profit should go further. We assume and the market disposes.

I know that on zulu. So you don't plan to merge two similar (e.g. on the basis of TRADING TYPE: trend/fleet) expos with an exit to 29 terminals?

Roman.:

I know that on zulu. So you do not plan to merge two similar (e.g. trend/fleet) exposures into 29 terminals?

There is no way back, although it is possible, but it has to be done within a different project. It is not convenient to stop the already working EAs. We have to optimize their parameters to bring all of them to profit and find the reasons for temporary losses of some of them. In short, there is a lot of work. Counter-trend is dangerous because it can instantly ruin all indicators, including rating, although they are in the lead now.

yosuf:
There is no way back, although it is possible, but it has to be done within the confines of another project already. It is inconvenient to stop EAs that are already working. By optimizing their parameters we have to bring all the EAs to the profit, to understand the causes of temporary losses of some of them. In short, there is a lot of work. Counter-trend is dangerous because it can instantly ruin all indicators, including rating, although they are in the lead now.
I see. As long as the position is principled, deal with the planner!
Reason: