[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 350

Roger:

Because you set it to read as a CSV. Remove it, it will read the whole line.

That's not the point, the problem is that it only reads up to the separator, but the carriage moves to the end of the line, why?

chief2000:
I see.
In that case, if you really need to open all 28 terminals, perhaps the following will help:

First of all, create a Recovery Point in Windows, and then proceed as described in the article

"Max Num. of Open Windows under XP/2003/VISTA - Resolved!".
http://weblogs.asp.net/israelio/archive/2007/02/07/max-num-of-open-windows-under-xp-2003-vista-resolved.aspx

I had a similar problem in WinXP, where after opening another terminal (about a dozen windows in total)
Windows starts to glitch. The solution was to change the parameter to 4096.

Thanks a lot, that's what I'll do.

yosuf:
Maybe increasing the capacity of RAM will help? I have a dual core computer but the RAM fails.

Try to overclock your system: remove all unnecessary Windows processes and services, remove all unnecessary programs, clean autostart (type msconfig in command line), clean registry (Wise Registry Cleaner, CCleaner), disable antivirus (do not disable firewall), disable Windows effects, gadgets, themes, redistribute data on hard drives (if several), etc. Disable programs that run constantly and put a lot of strain on your computer - µTorrent, eMule, Opera etc. Increase CPU power (but not too much).

In short, you need a young professional gamer, he will overclock your computer :))

Hi. Can you explain to a dummy - is there an EMA in a demo account? - Or has it disappeared as an indicator...And no ATR. How do I get them back on the list?

Thank you.

There are simple moving averages, but no exponential moving averages :(

Does anyone have the source code of any MT4 Expert Advisor that responds to keystrokes from the keyboard? If so, please post it. I would be extremely grateful!!!

sss2019:

The point is not the point, the problem is that it reads only to the separator and moves the carriage to the end of the line, why?

You are curious. The documentation doesn't describe the mechanism of moving the pointer, so I can only offer a plausible hypothesis.

A read operation involves reading a record. For csv files, a record is a string. Therefore, the string is read into the buffer, the file pointer is naturally placed at the end of the string. Further, as long as there is data in the buffer, the file pointer does not change, the reading is done from the buffer.

Mislaid:

You are a curious one. The documentation does not describe the pointer movement mechanism, so I can only offer a plausible hypothesis.

A read operation implies reading a record. For csv files a record is a string. Therefore, a string is read into the buffer, and the file pointer is naturally placed at the end of the string. Further, as long as there is data in the buffer, the file pointer does not change, reading is done from the buffer.

Don't make up your own stuff.

FileReadString() reads up to separator (if it is specified). If a separator is not specified or if one does not exist,FileReadString() reads to the end of the string (carriage turn character). Therefore, in the above example FileFlush() specifies a string length offset .

StrToInteger() in this case selects the first encountered numeric value in the string, and converts it to [int] type.

Thanks toDmitriyN for trying to help.... I got it. But now I'm wondering what periods for both EMAs should be set on the hourly chart.

branishh:

Thanks toDmitriyN for trying to help.... I got it. But now I'm wondering what periods for both EMAs should be set on the hourly chart.

Whatever periods you set, something good is unlikely to come out of it. But you know better.
Reason: