[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 182

Please point me in the right direction. I want to emulate trading in excel. I want to emulate trading in Excel (on my own quotes). How can I do the calculations if I have an array of quotes data (dates, highs, lows, history is not important) to the excel correctly calculated (please use formulas) the current equity balance. If I want to place a Sell+Buy order against some quote, I'll put a lot in a necessary cell and add the current lot to it (if they are opposite, they close mutually). Maybe someone has a preset?

I'm afraid that formulas alone won't do in Excel. You will have to write macros. If you have a table structure, show me. I can help you with macros.
I love Excel as if it were my own.

MikeM:
I'm afraid that formulas alone won't do in Excel. You will have to write macros. If you have a table structure, show me. I can help you with macros.
ZS I love Excel as my own.

I emailed it to you in person.

I look at the document. What's in the first five columns?
I realise that the fifth column is pseudo-random quotes, the first four are not worth looking at, because they are technological.

MikeM:
I realise that the fifth column is pseudo-random quotes, the first four are not worth looking at, because they are technological.

Yes yes, the first four generate the fifth column.

MikeM:
I realized that the fifth column - pseudo-random quotes, the first four - do not look, because the technological.

Only the 5th column is needed for calculations - it is a "quotation" column and the others are not used for calculations.

Is it really necessary to calculate values for all rows. Would it be sufficient at the time of closing the position?

MikeM:
Is it really necessary to calculate values for all rows. Maybe it is enough at the time of closing the position?

The current profit of all positions is not necessary. what matters to me is the balance and equity

I see the following table structure (after the quote column):
Each order has a separate column, in which the opening and closing moments are shown in two cells.
The value of difference between the quotes at opening and closing is shown in the lower (upper, if you want) cell.
Further - dumb formulas that can be used to calculate anything.
By the way, it is possible to do without macros. Do you know about VRP function?

MikeM:

I see the following table structure (after the quote column):
Each order has a separate column, in which the opening and closing moments are shown in two cells.
The value of difference between the quotes at opening and closing is shown in the lower (upper, if you want) cell.
Further - dumb formulas that can be used to calculate anything.
By the way, it is possible to do without macros. Do you know about VRP function?

Yes, I do. Thanks for the idea!
Reason: