[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 177

Good afternoon!!! Who knows, when I change the parameters in the EA code, there is no change when testing the EA. Only helps to reinstall the terminal (very uncomfortable) (((

deyron:
Afternoon!!! Who knows, when you change the parameters in the code of the EA, there is no change when testing the EA. Only resetting the terminal helps (very uncomfortable) (((

I can only assume from practical experience.

1. Check where the EA is compiled. It may be in the adjacent terminal. It's better to explicitly save it Save As, and then compile it.

2. Don't compile while the test is going on in the tester, sometimes the tester doesn't take an EA compiled this way.

3. When making changes make a control change in one of the extern variables and use it to determine if the changed code is present in the tester.

Tester/ EA Properties/ Input parameters/ Reset

Roman.:

In any case, you have to compare and then place/not place orders...

Write the question in more detail again, as the original is already deep in the branch... :-)

New question. In the function.
OrderSelect
SELECT_BY_POS - the index parameter passes the position number in the list,

In what list exactly? Is it the number of an open position or the order number? Or is it both?

Here is a piece of code:

for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
{
OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);
if (OrderMagicNumber( )!=BUY2*100000)
{int gobuy=1;}
else {gobuy=0;break; }
}

where does this crap look for values? I'm getting crazy.

RTFM

List of open orders and positions : OrdersTotal

List ofclosed orders and positions : OrdersHistoryTotal

The bool OrderSelect(int index, int select, int pool=MODE_TRADES)
The function selects an order to work with it. Returns TRUE if the function completes successfully. Returns FALSE if the function fails. Call GetLastError()to get information about the error .

The poolparameter is ignored, if the order is selected by the ticket number. The ticket number is a unique identifier for the order. To determine from which list an order is selected, its closing time must be analysed . If the time of closing of the order is 0, then the order is open or pending and is taken from the list of open positions of the terminal. An open position can be distinguished from a pending order by its type. If the time of closing is not equal to 0, then the order isclosed or pending and has been selected from the history of the terminal. The difference between a closed order and a deleted pending order can also be determined by theorder type.

You once said you know PCP, I can imagine...

MQL414: Hello! Can you tell me which Expert Advisor won't lose 10,000 when tested from 1999 to the current date.

Only one that doesn't trade at all...

Is it possible to find out the density of bars on the chart?
I unknowingly refer to the bar density as the parameter that can be changed with the "Increase" and "Decrease" tools.

MikeM:
Is it possible to find out the density of bars on the chart?
I unknowingly call the bar density the parameter that is changed with the "Increase" and "Decrease" tools.
Yes, you can.

Zhunko:
You can.
Thanks for the good news!

Hello. Please help me solve problem number 3 shown in the picture. If problem number 4 arises, then that too. Please explain it to me as a dummie.

Reason: