[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 30

Dear forum members help to solve the problem with accuracy of the Standart Deviation indicator, if you look at the purely visual comparison of two adjacent indicator values, you can see that the current value is higher/lower than the previous one, but if you compare these two values in the actual values for example in the data window, you can see that the values will be the same.

The values to be displayed in the text label are truncated to the 4th digit, this does not guarantee their actual equality, the fifth and further digits are different.

evillive:
The values to be displayed in the text label are truncated to the 4th digit, this does not guarantee their actual equality, the fifth and further digits are different.
And how to get the 5th and further characters, you need to know the values of the indicator more accurately. I tried NormalizeDouble to get more accuracy but nothing works.

Alexandr24:
How to get 5 and more digits, you need to know the values of the indicator more accurately. I tried NormalizeDouble to get more accuracy, but nothing works.

Better to use DoubleToStr().

evillive:

Better to use DoubleToStr().
Yes, you can, but the values appear as a text string and you can't work with text, e.g. you can't add one value to another.

I understand that this value is needed for the marker on the chart, and if the figure is received from the standard indicator, then it is already converted to Digits, there's probably nothing to do, unless you implement the indicator algorithm in your code.

Or for calculations you can try to convert back to Double, with increased digits...

evillive:

I understand that this value is needed for marker on the chart and if the number is received from standard indicator it will be converted to digits, probably nothing can be done except to implement the indicator algorithm in the code.

Or for calculations you can try converting back to Double, with increased digit capacity...

Back to double doesn't work rounding to 4 digits. Thanks for the help.

UPD: I removed the question, I think I figured it out, just multiplied the indicator values by 10, the same 4 digits remain, but the accuracy has increased.

1) go to codebase, download indicator :https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8022

2) Insert IndicatorDigits(x); x = number of zeros after the decimal point (accuracy)

3) Throw the indicator on the chart - admire your work.

alsu:
Unfortunately, in your case it does not matter which price you have in mind when you open the order. The point is that the Open point is determined by the point in time, not by the price level; at this point, there are the same Bid and Ask prices and therefore it does not principally differ from all other ticks. Therefore, open at the moment of the bar opening or at any other moment - the result will be the same. Also, please note that if the bar opening time is specified at 01:00, it does not mean that the first tick of the bar was precisely at 01:00:00. So Open is just a condition of the new bar cut-off to make it easier to build charts.

Thank you for your reply. You are absolutely right OPEN is the cut-off point of a new bar, but this point has a fixed price. The fundamental difference between an Open entry is that the Open price will be the same on all terminals in the same account. As a rule, the difference in terminal speed does not exceed a second. During this time, on the "fast" terminal the candle can open and move n points. In this case, in the "slow" terminal, this candle will appear a little later, but with the movement already formed. I.e. the Open and the current price will be the same as in the "fast" terminal. So, if the script calculates the order from the current price, the entry price can be different on different terminals. On a fast terminal, it is the Open price (Bid at the moment the bar is opened), on a slow one it is the current price (Bid at the moment). Correspondingly, they can be different. And if we take the Open price as the basis, the script will immediately take the necessary price on the slow terminal without paying attention to the current Bid. As a result, we will have the same Open price for calculating orders on all terminals.

Where can I find an EA that places, deletes or modifies an order, TP or SL at a certain price?
Reason: