MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 71

f.t.:

It remains to clarify what is meant by "the task" - because this is a key question ;)

If the task is to write a super-fast Expert Advisor, no matter how it trades, but it goes through a basket of 500 pairs in a second - then yeah!

If you trade by hand on the market, what's the point of that speed if you're trading at a maximum speed of a mouse moving over the screen anyway? ;)

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but it's hard to keep up with your schedule.

Ask for balls for people, what's the problem? Those who asked (users exclusively asked initially) for marbles for GPU - they got them, now we are going to say "they would have done better this, better that"?

GPU calculations for those who need them - thanks a lot to the developers for this feature.

ИМХО: многия годы содебазы и чемпиошншипы помоему объективно доказали - полностью автоматической системы нет и создать ее невозможно. это факт. а раз так - лучшебы разрабы сосредоточились на юзабельности терминала для человека за ним работаеющего и сделали шарики для человеков а не для GPU

These words should be in the ears of the developers.........

joo:

Those who have asked (initially it was the users who asked) for GPU balls - got them

as for the rest, those who have to trade but not to develop, have ignored their requests, which have not come true.
So, enjoy the platform for developers, not traders. The abstract art of programming and the practice of making money on exchanges - it's like north and south pole of the earth.

install CQG client and see how a right-click opens orders in the betting window - that's where the real care about the man behind the terminal is taken ;)

VOLDEMAR:
These words should be in the ears of the developers.........
remember - they don't develop "terminal" but "trading servers". The (free) terminal is a necessary evil for them, without which they cannot sell their main product. so be happy at least that it is free. if you want quality solutions - be prepared to pay for them. if you are ready - google helps you (the same CQG, Multicharts, and so on)

f.t.:
don't forget - they don't develop "terminal" but "trading servers". The (free) terminal is a necessary evil for them, without which they cannot sell their main product to anyone.
that's probably not quite right. if you wanted only trading servers, it was enough to develop MT5 server with MT4 terminal and quietly add functionality to MT4...

Andrei01:
If only trading servers were needed, it was enough to develop an MT5 server with MT4 terminal and add functionality to MT4 without any stress...
Renat is already tired of repeating that only a complex solution with a closed infrastructure can be promoted to the market.

f.t.:
Remember - they don't develop "terminal" but "trading servers". The (free) terminal is a necessary evil for them, without which they cannot sell their main product to anyone. so be happy at least that it is free. if you want quality solutions - be prepared to pay for them. if you are ready - google helps you (the same CQG, Multicharts, and so on)
I doubt mt 4 and mt 5 are free ..... In our country, even cheese in a mousetrap paid ..... Even very paid, not for us but for brokers .... I don't know if it is us, but the broker pays, I think they pay for everything (terminal, quotes, service) by spread, I used to pay with my deposit ....... If something better than mt4 I am ready to pay... It doesn't matter who the metaquotes are or who else .....

OnGoing:

MK has developed a toy for the mental exercise of geeks, but not for the real needs of traders.

+100500

OnGoing:
Renat is already tired of repeating that only a complete solution with a closed infrastructure can be marketed.
How does this contradict what he said? everything is quite comprehensive and closed.

OnGoing:
Если разработчик эксперта сможет распараллелить задачу на сотни и тысячи независимых потоков, то GPU даст 10-100 кратное ускорение.
Но в большинстве одиночных задач (для примера - трейдинг и индикаторы) вычисления идут последовательно, что не дает шанса эффективно параллелить процессы.

And who needs these balloons, you ask?)

Well, who needs them, needs them. Don't take the head of the company literally. There are a lot of cycles in the indicators (for example, in my case), which are parallel to each other not so badly.

And the visualization in the trading process may provide the vectorization possibilities, and they are really good. If you think that visualization is just balls, rack your brains and think about its possible usefulness.

I'm not saying that OpenCL is a panacea for anything and everything. But it may very well be useful in trading and inducators as well.

Reason: