MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 52

Reshetov:

No problem about the arguments. I personally don't need a tick history. Those TS that I have more or less workable trade at opening prices on timeframes not less than M15.

Well, I don't even need an MT5 tester as I have my own calculator. So? It's about possible improvements to the MT tester, not personal preferences.

And the argument that they allegedly need ticks for arbitrage and spidering is also unfounded.

Arbitrage trades are essentially a rebound strategy and are not protected by stops. The profits are penny wise but the risk is high. That's why any decent backtest against the wool and the deposit will be ruined. This is where the system needs to be able to calculate the probabilities of major moves so as not to try to get in their way.

Another theorist. You haven't seriously practiced stat arbitrage, you can't do it without theorising.

Avals:

Why discuss what you don't trade and don't know in principle?

I have and will continue to trade. That's why I'm not discussing, I'm just telling it like it is. The first implemented arbitrage strategy for MT was developed by me. And the MT5 tester is multicurrency at the moment. So the project will be transferred to MT5 sooner or later. Tick history is not needed for my strategy.

Reshetov:

The first implemented arbitrage strategy for MT was developed by me.
Breshee.

Renat:

Find ticks over a huge period (this is almost impossible), deliver them to 500,000 - 1,000,000,000 users (without killing your infrastructure, channels and traders' computers), ensure that gigabytes of ticks are synchronised and chewed up on the client side, beat the "WTF?" cry from traders, and then talk about real-world applicability.

We can see that at the current technical level, solving the problem of having/delivering/processing giant tick history on a massive scale is impossible. It will inevitably lead to platform suicide.

The technical ability to pump large amounts of data without overloading channels has been around for a long time. A huge mass of pirated video content, disk images, measured in hundreds and possibly thousands of terabytes has long been furrowing the expanse of the Internet and is delivered to virtually every home in the former Soviet Union where there is a computer and the Internet, not to mention foreign pirates. If you haven't already guessed it, it's a torrent. You can easily solve this part of the problem by using similar algorithms to distribute information.

With floating spreads and rigidly defined instruments, the MT5 terminal becomes almost useless to the researcher. What was the MO of the TS at time t? - I don't know, because spreads were constantly changing. If they also take into account forced requotes and slippages, everything will be ales: here will decide MQ that in 2007 spreads and slippages were much larger, and finita la comedy - your strategy, to trade at the last time simply can not be tested at conditions of shaggy 2000, 2007. In fact, your strategy will be profitable, but you will not know about it, because you simply can not adequately test it in the tester. And there is a whole class of strategies that trade on synthetic spreads, but you will never get the history of that spread, because the broker will at best support only the last two actual futures.

Avals:

Why discuss something you don't trade in and don't know in principle?
You should at least pretend, let the man have fun) Everyone here has fun with it, just in different ways.)

hrenfx:

Reshetov:

The first implemented arbitrage strategy for MT was developed by me.

Bullshit.

You are the one who is delusional and I made the case for the uselessness of the tick story that the delusional asked about.

Reshetov:

You're the one bullshitting, and I made the case for the uselessness of the teak story that the bullshiters were asking about .

There's the "teak story" again... (

One does not read. They only write.

;)

Reshetov:

I have traded and will continue to do so. So I'm not discussing, I'm just telling it like it is. The first implemented arbitrage strategy for MT was developed by me. And the MT5 tester is multicurrency at the moment. So the project will be transferred to MT5 sooner or later. Tick history is not needed for my strategy.

And what with what did you arbitrage in MT? :)

Reshetov:
OFFTOP: it is a stretch to classify Spreader as spread trading, but ArbitrageReverse is only the name of arbitrage.
Reason: