MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 6

MetaDriver:

1. Structures, without which there was no good turnaround in the four.

2. The speed of calculations is much faster (times faster).

3. indicator buffers are more than enough.

4. a debugger.

5. Objects, with all the goodies (inheritance, encapsulation, virtualization, object arrays)

6. Message exchange with other programs.

7. More or less serious possibility to build graphical interfaces.

8. The tester is really multi-currency. (albeit slow. for now.)

Enough?

Without structures and objects you can't deploy, that's an overstatement. The only difference is the style of writing, the logic can be developed without any gimmicks, using ANY function.

Don't even mention graphic frills. Try to convince me that you can't trade without them).

Debugger is a must-have for today's clutter, I believe it's a pain in the ass now).

I could go on and on, but my main argument is this.

You have to understand - they try to convince you (and all traders) that in order to be successful in trading, you must, it is absolutely necessary to upgrade to a new version of the product, without that there is no way. After all, only there, with so many gimmicks and trinkets, you will have good luck in cloud computing, and you will earn a long-awaited profit.

And the marketing ploy works - the deer go for the shot. But only the discerning few can see from the outside and laugh at the fuss.

"Many can swallow the deception, but only a few can chew it up" (George Savile)

MetaDriver:

Actually, spread increase can be easily simulated (in MT5). There is an option to write your own optimization criterion function, so you can recalculate the profit in it taking into account the extended spread.

The formula itself is simple: Calculated Balance = Balance-(number of trades*add_to_spread*point_price): when testing with a fixed lot, you can calculate it in one move at the end of the run. With another MM it is a bit more complicated - we will have to make deductions during testing (and output the result at the end), but it is not difficult to solve if we want to.

I.e. at the very end, after optimization, subtract from profit the addition to the spread? And thus we obtain a new result. Or maybe I have understood it wrong.

The important thing here is to see if the spread will drop somewhere in the middle. Then the drawdown, taking into account the addition to the spread, should also be added to the formula in order to observe the entire area.

OnGoing:

Without structures and objects, there is no way around it, that's an overstatement. The only difference is in the style of writing; you can code logic without any of the gimmicks, using the usual functions.

I'm not even talking about graphic frills. Try to convince me that you can't trade without them).

Debugger is a must-have for today's clutter, I believe it's a pain in the ass now).

I could go on and on, but my main argument is this.

You have to understand - they try to convince you (and all traders) that in order to be successful in trading, you must, it is absolutely necessary to upgrade to a new version of the product, without that there is no way. After all, only there, with so many gimmicks and trinkets, you will have good luck in cloud computing, and you will earn a long-awaited profit.

And the marketing ploy works - the deer go for the shot. But only the discerning few can see from the outside and laugh at the fuss.

"Many can swallow the deception, but only a few can chew it up" (George Savile)

NONSENSE!

All the so-called "frills" were introduced at the request of MT5 users.

And many, many great features were introduced by request - because it's necessary for a freer flight of mind for people who create, seek, inquisitive. If the innovations help promote the product, why not? - or is it the other way round, to reject all the revolutionary innovations in the trading platform industry just so that narrow-minded, short-sighted traders don't accuse the company of stupid marketing?

Don't make my sandals laugh.

I'll have to bring it up in a couple of years

joo:

NONSENSE!

All the so-called "frills" were introduced at the request of MT5 users.

And many, many great features were introduced precisely because of requests...

That's how it turns out that at the request of one or two "high-sighted, far-sighted" users, the rest of the crowd are driven into the corral by cries of "you need it, full stop!

OnGoing: Without the structures and objects you cannot do anything, you are too far gone. The only difference is the style of writing, the logic can be developed without any gimmicks, with standard functions.

My indicator + EA + common include files is about 1500 lines of code. The idea itself is very simple, but its technical implementation together with necessary position monitoring is much more complicated. The poor structures of MT4 make the code difficult to read.

I'm not saying that I necessarily need objects. But arrays alone are not enough. I am doing it for now.

You have to understand that they are trying to convince you (and all traders) that in order to succeed in trading, you must, by all means, switch to a new version of the product, without that you cannot do it.

I agree. Why, does anyone argue?

You have even moved to a five and managed to make a multicurrency test. Was it really that bad?

TheXpert:
I'll have to bring it up in a couple of years
The interesting thing is that I admit that the crowd will rush to the corral not in two years, but sooner.

OnGoing:
The interesting thing is, it's quite possible that the crowd will frantically rush to the corral, and not in two years, but sooner) Where will they go, that's what the crowd is.
No, it's just to make fun of you lockers. You'll be trading at 4 in the most kitchen kitchens, because everyone will more or less switch to 5.

Not everyone here is a crowd pleaser.

I'm not rushing into this corral just yet and looking at it from the outside (apart from one OpenCL related topic).

But the goodies are definitely liked.

And there's nothing stopping me from switching permanently to five, even if I don't know anything about OOP.

Good news. We didn't 'struggle' for nothing)

Reason: