OpenCl and the tools for it. Reviews and impressions. - page 8

Renat:

Have you tried MQL5 Cloud Network with 2000 agents on a dual-core?

Or did you just run a single pass locally and rest on that?

It is with the MQL5 Cloud Network that we have achieved a simple acceleration of hundreds and thousands of times. Without GPU, on any Expert Advisor. Take my old example with video: Example of calculation acceleration using the MQL5 Cloud Network

We have settled down and decided that it is obviously too early to leave MT4.

Renat:

We have made it possible to instantly raise (network warm up time about 20-30 seconds) thousands of agents for quick task calculation with one button. Instead of hundreds of hours, you can really get it done in half an hour.

And the prices are ridiculous - anyone can check it, everyone who registered at MQL5.com gets a bonus of $2.

This is a real revolution. Now any user can put almost any supercomputer on its back by using the Cloud. And with GPU introduction (the build will be available on Friday) it will be possible to beat supercomputers in batches.

But the point is that at the moment I'm quite happy with the performance that MT4 gives me. And since MT5 becomes more and more hardware-dependent, I don't want to switch to this platform.

The productivity is enough (or rather you assure yourself of it) for simple cases. For massive and detailed calculations its power is not enough.

I'm not going to argue (probably too much about supercomputers, but let's assume they are), but for the time being MT4 is more than enough for optimization. At the moment the optimization of Expert Advisors I deal with does not exceed 5 minutes on one core.

Sometimes I deal with 3D graphics but MT5 and Clouds Network are missing the point again. Some claim, though, that all this stuff puts supercomputers under my belt. I don't convince myself, but it does. Where I don't need super-duper performance (speaking only for myself, others may need it), there it seems to be.

There is a flight to Magadan, but I don't need to go there (c) V. Vysotsky. Vysotsky

Renat:

The mistake in comparing MT4 vs. MT5 testers is that people close their eyes to the completely different level of detail and possibility of accurate multicurrency testing.

Debugging multicurrency trading in the tester is a distinct advantage of MT5 over MT4. But for me personally (I'm not speaking for others) using this possibility is not necessary yet.

Renat:

And this is the third repetition of "hardware-dependent software".

Probably because of wrong marketing? Because after reading this thread you involuntarily come to similar conclusions. And when you get to know that MT5 is slower optimized than MT4, then you start to think that the developers did it intentionally, in order to tie MT5 to hardware or something else. Otherwise it would be vice versa, i.e. because optimization is the most demanding for computing resources, its speed must be high. But in this case it is different: on the one hand distributed computing, on the other hand some kind of GPU development. In other words, instead of developers getting down to speeding up the most vulnerable areas, they try to treat the symptoms, not the cause of the disease.

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Reshetov: .............

... And when you find out that MT5 is slower to optimise than MT4, .........

Wapcheta, if they do make a rough estimate mode purely based on opening prices (like in MT4), it would probably be faster.

But it's really the most disappointing thing about MT5, compared to which all the other drawbacks pale into insignificance. At least for now it's the only point on which five loses to four (from my point of view, i.e. imho).

Loki ischo.

Reshetov:

I support and stay with MT4.

TheXpert:
Loki ischo.
For this or that, the lousy l... I mean, a bathhouse.

TheXpert:
Loki ischo.
Loki won a long time ago. You just have to pick the right dts.

They didn't win. the second tool is a crutch that doesn't solve the problem.

Reshetov:

For some, it's a louse's l... i.e. bathhouse.

It's not the cow that's talking.

Make your own loci. IN MT5. Need some help? :)

TheXpert:

Not won. the second tool is a crutch that does not solve the problem.

I don't have this problem at all. )) Although I approve of CCA orders in principle.

tara:

Make your own loci. IN MT5. Need some help? :)

He means another "problem", i.e. if you emulate locks in MT5, you will not be able to cheat the balance as in MT4. After all, if traded on the same symbol in MT5, the balance will coincide with equity and no one will be able to draw such funny pictures as in the branch of villagers as these same pictures will have very distressing look in terms of equity and scare away all potential investors. He will have to learn Photoshop.
Reason: