What is an INDICATOR? - page 9

Vinin:
And how many trends have you found?

Why else would I do that?

It's up to the computer and the software to find trends. It's up to the man to think.

So they search and they find them. And it takes N+1 billion operations per bar. You can't do less. It's like simulation modeling. For which HE (computer) successfully uses HER (video card).

AlexEro:

Here's another thing, why would I want to do that?

It's up to the computer and the software to work, to find trends. A man has to think.

So they search and they find. And it takes N+1 billion operations per bar. You can't do less. It's like simulation modeling. For which HE (computer) successfully uses HER (video card).

If a person is a fool, a computer will not help; if a person is smart, there is no need for a computer. But you do need one for some activities. I didn't want to offend anyone, and I didn't say anything offensive.

The topic is just not one year old. And apparently something has changed recently that wanted to raise it again. That would be more interesting.

Vinin:

If a person is a fool, a computer will not help; if a person is smart, there is no need for a computer. But you do need one for some activities. I didn't want to offend anyone, and I didn't say anything offensive.

The topic is just not one year old. And apparently something has changed recently that wanted to raise it again. It would be more interesting.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. If it was a question for me, please rephrase it more clearly. If they're not for me, just ignore this post.

Here's something to think about:

Deutsche Bank claims that there are only 3-4 academic lines of work in forex forecasting. It monitors their performance and regularly publishes a DBCR profitability index of these systems, including trend following (trend following). This is useful to assess as normal drawdown and profitability indices when building trading systems.

Here is an example

DBCR 2009

AlexEro:

Why else would I want to do that?

It's up to the computer and the software to work, to look for trends.

So they search, and they find it. And it takes N+1 billion operations per bar. You can't do less. It's like simulation modeling. For which HE (computer) successfully uses HER (video card).

Why look for them (trends). Open the monthly chart and you will see at once).

AlexEro:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If it was a question for me, please reword it more clearly. If it wasn't for me, just ignore this post.

Here's something to think about:

Deutsche Bank claims that there are only 3-4 academic lines of work in forex forecasting. It monitors their performance and regularly publishes a DBCR profitability index of these systems, including trend following (trend following). This is useful to assess as normal drawdown and profitability indices when building trading systems.

Here is an example

Yep. The results are not brilliant

khorosh:
Why look for them (trends). Open the monthly chart and you will see it right away.)
Because if a trend has just BEGINNED, it will last long enough for you to profit from it. This is the deeper meaning of the concept of a trend or tendency. It is the inexorable, irreversible movement of the market as a whole, on average.

Topic created on 09.01.2012, is it working?)

7Konstantin7:
A topic created on 09.01.2012, did it work?)
That would be too simple and primitive. You have to let other good people earn first. It's only been three years. No one has been able to beat Forex for 150 years yet. And I personally have been enriched spiritually during this time.

AlexEro:
....Forex has not been beaten in 150 years. ...
Why fight it? You have to be friends with it.

Anatolij Anufriev:
The topic was created on 01/09/2012, did you get it?)

Here is the result of the demo account for 2016, +25% for the year:

Graalino-Pro and Ocean Breeze 2016 results paper money

Advisors were deliberately not switched off during the BREXIT tantrum, although this should be done during normal operation.

The work is almost fully automatic. Works simultaneously on 25-30 currency pairs. Re-optimization of parameters of the Expert Advisor - once in 3-6 months.

If you want to trade on the real penny account, you should use some more forex broker, because the spreads and swaps are much wider. But even so, the profitability is about +6% in 2016. If you subtract swaps, it's about +8% for the year (10 months).

Ocean Breeze and Graalino-Pro real money results 2016

The Expert Advisor takes into account all long term factors of the random spot market and can work with any financial instrument: forex or stocks, futures or options - and forever (provided that there are some trends, with some manual control and periodic re-optimization).

Thanks to everyone on this forum, especially the mathematicians.

Reason: