Pirat! How do you get this "grail" to be profitable? And most importantly WHERE? - page 9

EvgeTrofi:

You just need to initially set the system spread with the help of the program https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/119830 so that it is not less than the average maximum of your brokerage company. For example, for Alpari it is 8 points of spread + 5 points of commission. So we need to set 8+5=13. And then, when trading on the real account, you need to set the Expert Advisor parameter Spread = 13.

Thank you. I will have a look. I somehow can not organize a demo Alpari-NDD-Live (Build 409) - when I open an account classic.ndd.mt4 - this page takes me to the demo-micro... :-(

EvgeTrofi:
Is the current bar zero or the first bar?

zero... But still something is still missing. pirate hasn't traded 24 and 25 and mine has lost a lot in that time...

implaor: have you optimised your EA or have you set the parameters according to your own beliefs?

EvgeTrofi:
implaor: Have you optimised your EA or have you set the parameters according to your own beliefs?

Optimisation on micro - after the red line - forward. Set - in the trailer.

Files:
1.zip  1 kb

Roman.:

Optimisation on micro - after the red line - forward. Set - in the trailer.

I hate to break it to you, but this EA should not be tested on opening prices...

Figar0:
I don't want to upset you, but this EA should not be tested on opening prices...

Thank you... :-)

Looked at All Tics - the picture is inverse... :-),

P.S. I'm not upset in the slightest.

Roman.:

I can`t seem to organize a demo Alpari-NDD-Live (Build 409) - when I open an account this page takes me to the demo-micro... :-(

I haven't found an NDD demo myself. I trade on the real. By the way, I talked to the Alpari admins, they say that pipsing (scalping) is not forbidden. The maximum number of requests to the server (opening, closing a position, opening an order, modifications) may not exceed the number of ticks. I was quite satisfied with this. There is only a small thing left - the fine tuning of the Expert Advisor.

I found out that in order to optimize the EA more reliably, we should forcibly set the stationary spread higher than the brokerage companies actually have. Pirate is optimized quite well even for spread 15 and it decreases significantly the number of deals per year (up to 300). The optimization should be conducted in order to maximize the expected payoff. It will provide an additional margin that is necessary when working with floating spread. I consider loading the floating spread and testing (optimization) using such a floating spread history to be unnecessary and time consuming.

I would like to thank all participants of this thread for their great help with various hints! It has allowed me to work hard to improve my EA. I wish everyone good luck and future business development!

EvgeTrofi:

I haven't found an NDD demo myself. I trade on the real. By the way, I talked to the Alpari admins, they say that pipsing (scalping) is not forbidden. The maximum number of requests to the server (opening, closing a position, opening an order, modifications) may not exceed the number of ticks. I was quite satisfied with this. There is only a small thing left - the fine tuning of the Expert Advisor.

I found out that in order to optimize the EA more reliably, we should forcibly set the stationary spread higher than the brokerage companies actually have. Pirate is optimized quite well even for spread 15 and it decreases significantly the number of deals per year (up to 300). The optimization should be conducted in order to maximize the expected payoff. It will provide an additional margin that is necessary when working with floating spread. I consider loading the floating spread and testing (optimization) using such a floating spread history to be unnecessary and time consuming.

I would like to thank all participants of this thread for their great help with various hints! It has allowed me to work hard to improve my EA. I wish everyone good luck and future business development!

And the optite on the "All ticks..." model?

I tested the system after optimising for "All ticks..." opening prices - the result - the chart view - steadily sloping downwards on the same set file that I attached below the opening price report picture in my post earlier...There you go...

Roman.:

And the optite on the "All ticks..." model??

I tested the system after optimising for opening prices by "All ticks..." - the result - the chart view - steadily sloping downwards on the same set file that I previously attached below the picture of the opening price report in my post...There you go...

You need five digit quotes to optimise. I have never yet managed to get this trading strategy to work on a server with four-digit prices.

Model: "All ticks". The last year period will be enough for the system to learn to trade successfully on previous years as well. And do not forget about adjusting the spread, which has been mentioned more than once in this thread. To check it, you can click on "Symbol Properties" and make sure that the spread is really what you need.

EvgeTrofi:
implaor: Have you optimised your EA or have you set the parameters according to your own beliefs?
No, I'm trying to set it by eye. The Strategy Tester cannot be used for optimization. It has a "tick generator" in it, which distorts the whole picture.
Reason: