[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 609

new-rena:

Reshetov:

That's why I offer the villagers my advisor from page 605.

The most interesting thing ...

This is all bullshit, i.e. how exactly the EA works. If it behaves stably on forwards and the results are almost identical on demo and real, it means that its OK.

The most interesting thing about this indicator is virtual money, i.e. the VirtualMoney parameter.

We take the Expert Advisor, run it through the forward tests and see what the deposit size and drawdown is. For example, our tests have shown that the initial deposit amount is $1000 and maximal drawdown is only $1000.

It means we have options to earn more with less investment:

1. We can set for example 8 Expert Advisors with such drawdown at different pairs on a deposit of $10000. The main thing is that their aggregate drawdown should not exceed the deposit size.

2. You can open the initial deposit equal to a little more than the drawdown, i.e. with the margin of safety just in case, and enter the rest of the deposit amount needed for forward testing in the VirtualMoney parameter, then the Expert Advisor will trade and calculate the lot size the same way it did with the real $10000. I.e., for money management and risk management, there is no need to open a big deposit and transfer to it large amounts, because a considerable part of money will not be used at low drawdowns anyway, and therefore it can be invested in something else.

Reshetov:

This is all bullshit, i.e. how exactly the EA works. If it behaves stably on forwards, on demo and real, the results are almost identical, it means that it works fine.

The most interesting thing about this indicator is virtual money, i.e. the VirtualMoney parameter.

We take the Expert Advisor, run it through the forward tests and look at the initial deposit size and the drawdown. For example, the tests have shown that the initial deposit size is $1000 and maximal drawdown is only $1000.

So there are options to earn more with less investment:

1. We can set for example 8 Expert Advisors with such drawdown at different pairs on a deposit of $10000. The main thing is that their aggregate drawdown should not exceed the deposit size.

2. You can open the initial deposit equal to a little more than the drawdown, i.e. with the margin of safety just in case, and enter the rest of the deposit amount needed for forward testing in the VirtualMoney parameter, then the Expert Advisor will trade and calculate the lot size the same way it did with the real $10000. I.e., for money management and risk management, there is no need to open a big deposit and transfer to it large amounts, because a considerable part of money will not be used at low drawdowns anyway, and therefore it can be invested in something else.

Same thinking... Same thinking. Except that different pairs - noooo, no way. It's all one thing anyway. Bummer, but true ))))

There are only two parameters - the period for collecting statistics and how much to charge in pips. The means here are maximum drawdown + deposit

Strategy Tester Report
GRAAL
EGlobal-Demo (Build 409)

SynonymEURCAD (Euro vs Canadian Dollar)
Period4 Hour (H4) 2011.01.03 00:00 - 2011.02.15 00:00 (2011.01.01 - 2011.02.15)
ModelControl points (very rough method, results cannot be taken into account)
Bars in history1188Modelled ticks10442Modeling qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors179

Initial deposit50000.00

Net profit6474.47Total profit12669.62Total loss-6195.16
Profitability2.05Expected payoff8.10

Absolute drawdown3490.90Maximum drawdown8883.34 (16.04%)Relative drawdown16.04% (8883.34)

Total trades799Short positions (% win)446 (54.48%)Long positions (% win)353 (50.14%)

Profitable trades (% of all)420 (52.57%)Loss trades (% of all)379 (47.43%)
Largestprofitable trade821.77losing deal-186.62
Averageprofitable deal30.17Deal loss-16.35
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)20 (189.42)Continuous losses (loss)18 (-2026.16)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)2195.69 (6)Continuous loss (number of losses)-2026.16 (18)
Averagecontinuous winnings6continuous loss5

OnGoing:
Does it matter?) By the way, I put the word "son" in quotes for a reason.)
Congratulations on your new outfit:) . "Like a dandy in London dressed up and finally seeing the light of day":)

xdekkerx:

Time to book a demo banquet:)

:)

khorosh:
Time to book a demo banquet:)
In a day)))

7Konstantin7:

:)

Solidol)))

Reshetov:

No one forbids comparing. However, Ilan is a grider and it will draw well only in the tester. Especially if the forward is backward, you can easily find the moment in the history from which it starts most successfully and manages to gain a deposit before the first significant drawdown.

And when an EA is in real trading, there are a lot of problems:

1. Not all brokerage companies allow trading with grid tools.

2. Many deals that are opened and closed on the market in the tester are executed without problems, but slippage, requotes and other nonsense happen outside the tester, as a result of which the algorithm begins to work incorrectly - malfunction.

3. Graders are mostly designed for pullbacks on small timeframes or even ticks, and therefore are too picky in connection with the server, i.e. if for example the connection with the server is lost or the broker has temporarily prohibited auto-trading, the pullback was missed, and after everything is restored and the same trend is active again, losses begin to increase like a snowball.

For this reason, Expert Advisors keeping no more than one trade open are always the most reliable. After all, one open trade is just one problem if the price goes in the wrong direction. A lot of open trades means a lot of problems. In addition, if an EA keeps one trade open and protects it with takes and stops at distances greater than the range of an average candle, it means that the testing results are maximally close to the real one because the algorithm is much simpler and all actions of the EA are clear and understandable. The algorithms of grid tools are complex, and it is very difficult to take into account and program all of the possible situations that may arise, so even a seemingly minor force majeure and all is lost.

That is why I offer my Expert Advisor from the 605th page to the villagers. If you set it and set the gridiron and see what is really more reliable, not only in the tester. What suits you best, that's what you should trade.

Exactly, the topic is full of pictures of "earnings", which only show balance and not equity, to brag about, like look how cool it is. And when it comes to losses, the desire to make yourself look like a loser immediately disappears.

At best it will only waste time on demo and beginner trader will be convinced that beautiful pictures of griders actually end up with vertical line down. As all that is displayed are only the best moments. In the worst ones, having looked at it, they bet immediately on the real and lose their deposits as well.

:-) On a theme: I am just finishing shifting my net variant of ILANINE with market entry by OSMA - one at a time (either first or another averaging, or a start position in the market)... :-) at opening price of a new candle on a selected (resulting optimization as well) timeframe... :-) Before opening an averaging one, the previous one is closed.

My demo account pictures were accompanied by comments on the value of equity, in particular its max drawdown.

Thanks for the adviser, it will be more informative with the article...

In case of positive results of the tester - maybe I will post the owl with its settings and description here in the thread.

khorosh:
Congratulations on your new outfit:) . "Like a London dandy dressed and finally seeing the light":)
"Onegin, my good fellow.
Born on the banks of the Neva,
Where perhaps you were born
Or walked, my reader...")

OnGoing:
"Onegin, my good fellow.
Born on the banks of the Neva,
Where perhaps you were born
Or walked, my reader...")
And nothing human is alien to villagers. :)
Reason: