[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 493

such subtle trolling

Mathemat:

Shhhh, come on!

There are two types of people in trading. One is stupid because they think they're predicting something. They build complicated models, calculate something, write all sorts of formulas.

And the second ones are clever, because they do not make predictions, but they trade the situation.

Here they are clever.

Excuse me, Alexey, but what type do you belong to?) I'm just interested in your view of both)

And what is the right way in that case. And why we, stupid and clever, have not seen it until now)?

Mathemat:

Shh-shh-shh, come on!

There are two types of people in trading. One is stupid, because they think they're predicting something. They build complicated models, calculate something, write all kinds of formulas.

And the other ones are clever and sly, because they do not make any forecasts, but they "trade" the situation.

This is where the smart ones are tricky.

is that a compliment or a hidden irony ....

OnGoing:

Excuse me, Alexey, but what type do you belong to?) I'm just interested in your view of both)

And what is the right way in that case. Why haven't we, stupid and clever, seen it so far?)

Yes, Alexei, I don't understand, did you throw the stone in the garden of the villagers? - Or did you steal a stone from the garden?

It's not clear which is worse. :)

PS Here, three astonished gazes stare at Alexei in confusion (gazes in confusion).

I tweaked it a bit there.

In fact right now I'm trying to make a system that trades on the basis of the situation. There is no direct prediction, only a guess in the general direction. I do not know how far the rate will go and I have no estimate of its accuracy. Nevertheless, a regularity is used, which works on history. A pattern that is statistically confirmed may well be the basis for a forecast.

And if you look at the history of my own research, I too have been tossing and turning between "dumb" and "dodgy" all the time. It's not that simple.

But in general, I believe that there is no system without a conscious prediction of price movement that makes technical sense. Optimisations are toys (as the optimiser is commonly used here). Try reading Pardo's book on creating and optimizing trading systems. From it you can get an idea of how complicated the path of creating a trading system is. But there are no guarantees there either.

P.S. The funny thing is that it is harder to be stupid than cunning :)

Mathemat:

I tweaked it a bit there.

In fact, right now I'm just trying to make a system that trades on the basis of the situation. No direct prediction, just guessing the general direction. I do not know how far the exchange rate will go and I have no estimate of its accuracy. Nevertheless, a regularity is used, which works on history. A pattern that is statistically confirmed may well be the basis for a forecast.

And if you look at the history of my own research, I too have been tossing and turning between "dumb" and "dodgy" all the time. It's not that simple.

But in general, I believe that there is no system without a conscious prediction of price movement that makes technical sense. Optimisations are toys (as the optimiser is commonly used here). Try reading Pardo's book on creating and optimizing trading systems. From it you can get an idea of how complicated the path of creating a trading system is. But there are no guarantees there either.

P.S. The funny thing is that it is harder to be stupid than cunning :)

You're right. It is quite difficult to create a system that works under all conditions.

What I think we're trying to do here is create a system that doesn't leak hard. And if it's also profitable, that's good for us!

And about "stupid" and "devious", I can say more simply, rather we are "naive" and believe in good things. IMHO.

But there are people like me who are "semi-robots". Which category do I belong to? :)

Here are the results of one of my accounts. "Half-robot". I do not know how long I can work in this mode, but at the first opportunity I will move to a calmer "horse":

What period of time is that?

Mathemat:
What period of time is that?
Since November 24. Worked a total of 16 days with breaks - when my gut tells me to rest, I rest. :) (that's just on one system)

joo:
Since November 24. Worked a total of 16 days with breaks - when my gut tells me to rest, I rest. :) (that's just on one system)

In general, to paraphrase a famous commercial, the price of an expert is 1 USD, your flair is priceless!
Reason: