Econometrics: one step ahead forecast - page 24

joo:

For example, we need to get XP on 10 points, so we take:

1) points 23, 22, 21, 20....

2) points 40, 39, 38....

Another thing is that with a new point, the HP curve calculated from the new "old" point will change.

I do not share the opinion of the topicstarter and believe that in the way he does, KP should not be used.

Also, I speak "in defense" not of ideas and methods of the topicstarter, but of XP, and to say that this filter uses "future" values, I think it is not correct. In the tester, it may be possible to look into the future, but in real-time - no (where will it get these "future" values?). So, the statement "KP uses data from the future" is profanity.

Some glimpses of a "future" candle are found here https://forum.mql4.com/ru/44275/page11

joo:
joo 15.11.2011 15:21

I don't share the topstarter's opinion and think that the way he does it, KP should not be used.

It's more interesting. How do I use it and why not?

yosuf:
Some glimpses of a "future" candle are found here https://forum.mql4.com/ru/44275/page11
Standard TA technique - pattern work.

faa1947:
A standard TA technique is pattern work.
If it works, why not use it to your advantage, you just need to accumulate statistics and then try to teach it to an EA.

avtomat:

Exactly!

So put aside your econometric snobbery. Go back to the previous page. And think about what I said.

And since you don't understand where the "future" values come from in the KP formula, here's a hint

This tay(t+1) is the "future".

I wonder what the formula is.

faa1947:
It's more interesting. How do I use it and why not?

As far as I understand, you are using an estimate of the prediction error of the deviation from KP. And you shouldn't do that because that very deviation from KP on the same bar, but with a new one, will be different.

yosuf:
If it works, why not use it to your advantage, you just need to accumulate statistics and then try to teach it to an advisor.
No question. All TAs are set up that way. But EAs will fade with time.

joo:

As far as I understand, you are using an estimate of the prediction error of the deviation from KP. And you shouldn't do that because that same deviation from KP on the same bar, but with a new one, will be different.

I'm interested in the forecast one step ahead.

Forecast = extrapolation of KP from the previous 4 bars + linear extrapolation of the residual from the last two bars.

On the arrival of a new bar this is repeated.

What difference does it make what happens to the forecast calculation on the previous bar that we have already worked out?

If we take non-calculated smoothing, will the quality of the forecast improve?

Where does it follow from?

faa1947:
No question about it. All TAs are set up that way. But advisers go stale over time.
So the detected anomaly must be checked for this "lousiness" as well.

faa1947:

I'm interested in the prediction one step ahead.

Forecast = extrapolation of KP from the previous 4 bars + linear extrapolation of the residual from the last two bars.

When a new bar comes, it repeats.

What difference does it make what happens to the forecast calculation on the previous bar that we have already worked out?

If we take uncalculated smoothing, will the quality of the forecast improve?

Where does it follow from?

What prediction probability would you be satisfied with?
Reason: