It's Friday and it's boring. :( - page 4

Azzx:

"A trend is a directional change in price".

Imho - there are no trends

So according to you there is no directional change in price?

What else isn't there?))

Can anyone tell me what the name will change in trading? All the trader has are just two constants - up and down. To buy and to sell. Nothing else)

paukas:

So you're saying there's no price change?

What else isn't there?))

No spoon. I'm 100% sure. I actually think it was drawn on a computer. :)

Directional price movement in this case implies (IMHO!!!) that if we, say, shorted the Eurobucks, then exited on the trawl, the probability of a successful re-entry in the same direction is higher than in the opposite direction. Again, I will stress that _imho_, but if this effect exists, its effect is so exceptionally small that it is not applicable in practice. Moreover, I have never even heard of a person who claims to have been able to use it.

OnGoing:

Can anyone tell me what the name will change in the trade? There are only two constants - up and down. Buy and sell. Nothing else.)

You want to make a profit. :)

Azzx:

You want to make a profit, don't you? :)
You don't need a profit - go for quick pips.

OnGoing:
If you need a profit, catch quick pips) You won't catch any more (guaranteed).

Why is that?

Azzx:

Why is that?
Still not convinced?

Azzx:

Directional price movement in this case implies (IMHO!!!) that if we, say, shorted the Eurobucks, then went out on the trawl, the probability of a successful re-entry in the same direction is higher than in the opposite....

You see, even for "directional movement" you have your own, and a very strange definition at that.

So you get confused like a bear on a bullish trend :))

OnGoing:
Still not convinced?

Well... I can hold a position for quite a long time - and nothing. :)

paukas:

You see, even for "directional movement" you have your own, very strange definition.

So you get confused like a bear on a bull trend :))

I don't know about bears - I try not to hold any opinion about the direction of the market - that's what systems are for, let them think. And about the strange definition - what is strange about it? Didn't I explain it clearly?
Reason: