[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 634

nadya:

Hello! Please help me to understand:

How does the virtual trailing stop work?

How is it better than a regular trailing stop?

Can I prescribe a virtual trailing stop in my Expert Advisor if there are many orders at the same time for each pair, and will that be rational?

You can prescribe a lot of things in the EA. The virtual stop (both StopLoss and TakeProfit) can be of two varieties: individual for each order, and common for all EA orders (or even an account - as configured). Virtual (individual) stops simply replace the standard stops and are not seen by the brokerage company. Whether they are better or worse than the standard stops is a trader's personal preference. While we should remember that a standard stop will work without a running trading platform, virtual stops require a constant connection to a server.
When virtual stops work, an Expert Advisor monitors the price for crossing a preset level and closes the order when such an event occurs. With ordinary stops this process is monitored and completed by the DC server.

nadya:

Hello! Please help me to understand:

How does the virtual trailing stop work?

How is it better than a regular trailing stop?

Can I prescribe a virtual trailing stop in my Expert Advisor if there are many orders at the same time for each pair, and will that be rational?

https://c.mql4.com/forum/2012/02/Bottleneck.mq4 is an example EA (the nucode is poor but works on a demo account )

Hi all!

I need to pass a command from one EA working on one terminal to another EA working on another terminal.

The command is simple: "Start working!" / "Finish working!"

That is, the second EA works when the first one allows it.

Who has a ready solution?

I am grateful in advance for the help I have received many times here.

ikatsko:

Hi all!

I need to pass a command from one EA working on one terminal to another EA working on another terminal.

Through a file, it is possible to

ikatsko:

Hi all!

You cando this directly without files.

Zhunko:
You can do this directly without files.
Well, it's very complicated here. :(

artmedia70:
Through a file, it is possible to
I'm pretty much guessing through a file. "Maybe there's a ready-made solution?"

ikatsko:
I'm basically guessing through a file. "Is there an off-the-shelf solution?"
File mapping is the same file, but it's in RAM, not on disk. Vadim has a ready-made solution, nothing complicated. The header file has all the instructions on what to do and how to do it.

There are examples in the test script.

artmedia70:
Through the file you can

Studied file operations in MQL. It turns out:files can only be opened in terminal_directory\experts\files (quote).

That is, from another terminal this file is not visible!!!

Reason: