[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 445

Please tell me what may cause error ERR_SOME_FILE_ERROR 4100 Error when working with file

And here is another problem, csv file created by EA, I copied it to another folder, but it is not opened by editor, in both folders.

sss2019:

Please tell me what may cause error ERR_SOME_FILE_ERROR 4100 Error when working with file

And here is another problem, csv file created by EA, I copied it to another folder, but it is not opened by editor, in both folders.

Error codes, Execution errors. Search for which function is called and get the answer.

Hello People!

Help me write a function that would calculate the size of a position like this https://book.mql4.com/ru/build/lots depending on what percentage of my capital i risk and at what level is stop loss

Let's say my deposit is 2000$, i may risk 100$, stop loss is 30 pips away...The question is how many lots i may open (how to write a code)

fore-x:
Error codes, Execution errors. Search after which function is called and you will get the answer.

Could it be that the terminal is installed on the C drive and the terminal simply does not have write permissions?

sss2019:

May it be that the terminal is installed on disk C and simply has no write access?

Maybe, I don't know :), I've got XP. But the thing is, error 4100 can appear when calling different functions - FileDelete, FileOpen, FileReadArray.... First, find the function, then look at its description and possible errors and think further.

An example of error handling when we found a function that is etching a bug:

int FileWriteDouble( int handle, double value, int size=DOUBLE_VALUE)
The function writes a floating-point number to a binary file. If the format is set to FLOAT_VALUE, the value will be written as a 4-byte floating-point number (float type), otherwise it will be written in 8-byte floating-point format (double type).
Returns the actual number of bytes written , or a negative value in case of an error.
To get information about the error, call GetLastError().

A long time ago in MT4 you could select parameters for optimization, start optimization and then, if necessary, you could interrupt it, for example, to increase the boundaries of an optimized parameter - in this case optimization would start from a stopped point.
Now it always starts from the beginning.
Does anyone know why this was changed?

chief2000:

A long time ago in MT4 you could select parameters for optimization, start optimization and then, if necessary, you could interrupt it, for example, to increase the boundaries of an optimized parameter - in this case optimization would start from a stopped point.
Now it's starting from the very beginning.
Does anyone know why this was changed?

Disable genetic optimisation

Vinin:

Disable genetic optimisation

It's disabled (I never use it).
----

If what I described above works for anyone in the new versions then maybe I need to update mine (they are disconnected from the internet so spreads are not overwritten).

Hello People!

Help me write a function which would calculate the size of a position like this https://book.mql4.com/ru/build/lots depending on what percentage of the capital I risk and at what level is a stop-loss

Let's say i deposit 2000$, i may risk 100$, stop loss is 30 pips away...The question is how many lots i may open (how to write the code)

How do I search for the last object on the graph among all the other objects?

There is a graph with a bunch of different objects, trend lines, squares, etc. But all the squares on the chart have names in order, Box1 Box2 Box3, etc. So, you need to select the most recent Box... how can this be done?

Reason: