Market phenomena - page 65

Rorschach:
Is there any dependence of probability on amplitude Open[0]-Open[1]?

Reread it a few times, realised what you wrote about it.

Yes, I wrote, but in the context of price movement within a bar... That's a bit different. I wrote about how if open[0]-open[1] < 0, and price has moved down again by the number of pips at open[0]-open[1], will it return with more than 50% probability to a level greater than the last open + open[0]-open[1]. And modelling the trade, of course, by the condition of opening a position when the price crosses a level, and closing at the next open.

About a year ago I was collecting statistics on the size of H-L candlesticks. The idea was that if in two frames the value of candlesticks exceeds some threshold, there is a high probability of reversal. It did not come to testing but the statistics is still there.

I found probable confirmations of the fact that most participants are oriented at 5m and 1H on the basis of the collected statistics. I built a function on the maxima of probability and fitted it with a power law; the largest errors were at 5m and 1H.

F-i. The pink one is statistical, the blue one is power function.

Difference between the functions

Files:
focc.zip  55 kb

2Svinozavr

We (me) just let our stupidity out and it makes me feel better. Are you somewhat overreacting to it?

Also found statistics on H-L value, probable direction of movement and relation to tick volume in each minute of the day :))))

Files:

Vinin:

Interesting. And how to tell the difference between a dispute and a squabble.

Apparently when the ISC changes to something else.

It's elementary, when talking about personality characteristics it's a squabble, everything else is a dispute.

Don't move on to discussing personalities and the dispute will remain a dispute.

Dispute:

1. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. If you have something to say to your listeners, let them know it.

2. Say what you think, think what you say! Speak clearly and distinctly. Don't say things that you don't understand yourself.

3. Try to make your point of view as convincing as possible. Use only verifiable facts.

4. Do not repeat what has been said before.

5. Respect the opinion of others. Try to understand it. Be able to listen to a point of view with which you disagree. Be patient. Do not interrupt the speaker. Do not make personal assessments. Prove your case with arguments, not by shouting. Try not to impose your opinion.

6. If your position is proven wrong, have the courage to admit you are wrong.

7. Let the main result of the dispute be your advancement on the difficult path to the truth.

---

No, it's not just a dispute after all. Unfortunately, there's often a lot more to it than that. Left. :)

tol64:

Dispute:

1. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. If you have something to say to your listeners, let them know it.

2. Say what you think, think what you say! Speak clearly and distinctly. Don't say things that you don't understand yourself.

3. Try to make your point of view as convincing as possible. Use only verifiable facts.

4. Do not repeat what has been said before.

5. Respect the opinion of others. Try to understand it. Be able to listen to a point of view with which you disagree. Be patient. Do not interrupt the speaker. Do not make personal assessments. Prove your case with arguments, not by shouting. Try not to impose your opinion.

6. If your position is proven wrong, have the courage to admit you are wrong.

7. Let the main result of the dispute be your advancement on the difficult path to the truth.

---

No, it's not just a dispute after all. Unfortunately, there's often a lot more to it than that. Left. :)

Totally agree with everything, but there is a BUT.

I don't agree with point 6. I've yet to see evidence of.

So, who can clearly explain the "Complexity of the Market Phenomenon (R. Svedberg)"?

sux:
So, who can clearly explain the "Complexity of the Market Phenomenon (R. Svedberg)"?
Svedberg himself is the best person to explain it to you.