'' Predicting price movements 100% - page 22

alex12:

this is drained 549.62 - unrecorded loss.

This means that ALL the profit is LESS than the loss by 549.62. That is, you lost more than you made. Is that clear?

alex12:

Yes - you are absolutely right. That's exactly right. But I haven't fixed the loss yet - the price will e.g. come back

And this floating loss will turn into a profit.

Cover one eye!

khorosh:

I did not test this Expert Advisor neither on demo nor on real account, because I do not think it is good enough to add it to my portfolio. I have not tested this strategy neither in demo nor in real time, because I don't think it is as good as other EA's, but I want people to know that this strategy can be profitable, but like most of them it is profitable on some time interval, and with manual intervention, if the trader skills are high enough, this EA may be used rather effectively on any time interval. The client has defined the range of quote changes for the used currency on a certain timeframe, for example, 1-3 years. He or she entered the range lower boundary, grid size and number of orders into an external variable so that the upper level of the grid exceeds the historical maximum for the selected time period. I selected lot and initial deposit based on the maximum drawdown that occurs when the price reaches the range boundary. I do not know niceties of manipulating the asymmetrical lot because it was done manually. But the first thing that comes to mind is 1) we should not make too much asymmetry to decrease the possible loss when the price returns to the calculated range; 2) when the opportunity appears to place the locking order to breakeven; 3) when closing it to breakeven, be ready to open it again depending on the price behavior; 4) if the breakeven of the locking order is not reached and the price returns to the range, the order must be closed with some loss.

When I mentioned "in the direction of the trend" I meant moving the price up from the upper limit of the range and down from the lower limit of the range.

I see. Yuri, would you be so kind as to use a grid of orders with increasing volume ??? (for a quick exit to profit even with a slight pullback) or fixed. I have 5 limit orders 1st - closest to price - 0.1, second - 0.2,... 0.3 0.4 0.5 - the number of orders may be increased.

alex12:

that's drained 549.62 - an unrecorded loss.

That figure shows the unfixed loss:

886,89 + 549,62 = 1436,51

Roman.:

I see. Yuri, would you be so kind as to use a grid of orders with increasing volume ? (for a quick exit to profit even with a slight pullback) or fixed. I have 5 limit orders 1st - closest to price - 0.1, second - 0.2,... 0.3 0.4 0.5 - the number of orders may be increased.
I did not use Martin in the grid.

alex12:
You are absolutely right - this Uncommitted loss can turn into a Profit, which I will immediately commit - by closing the right orders.

It might, or it might not.

alex12:
You're absolutely right - this non-fixed loss may turn into a profit, which I will immediately fix - by closing the right orders.

Or it may turn into a margin call and the deposit will be cut by a stop-out to equity - no need to go to all the trouble ........

2 alex12 I wish you had traded on a cent real to get a feel for what they are trying to tell you here, otherwise you look like Sharikov - you give out space-scale advice and foolishness of the same size..... and you are unable to even understand it.

VladislavVG:

Or it may turn into a margin call and the deposit will be cut by a stop-out to equity - no need to go to all the trouble ........

2 alex12 You should have traded on cent to get a feel for what they're trying to tell you here, otherwise you're like Sharikov - giving out space-scale advice and nonsense of the same size..... and you're not even able to understand it.

Margin call with my TS - Doomed )

alex12:
after six months of dealing with forex, I lost one cent depo of $30 ))
Didn't do any good ...... So, alas, cannot be seen as an investment in your own learning.....

khorosh:
Martin didn't use it in the gridiron.

Understood.
Reason: