The absurdity of a stop loss - page 25

ivandurak:
I see, there are objections to potentially unlimited profits. What about the use of a stop loss in such a stratagem, does it increase profitability or not?
A stop loss can increase profitability, but it can also increase it by a pitchfork.

ivandurak:
I see, I have objections to potentially unlimited profits. And what about using a stop loss in this stratagem, does it increase profitability or not?

I don't know about that, but imho only take may really increase profit - as much as I try to trade with my TS, in 90% of cases instead of +30 +40 pips I have the purest SL on bu, and if I don't use SL I have infinite loss

SZZ: I suggest the topic be renamed to absurdity of trading without TP - anyone may collect "losses", but TP's ....

IgorM:

I don't know about that, but imho only take may really increase profit - as much as I try to trade with my TS, in 90% of cases instead of +30 +40 pips I have the purest SL on bu, and if I don't use SL I have infinite loss

SZZ: I suggest renaming this topic to "absurdity of trading without TP" - anyone can collect "losses", but takes ....

Boo is not a stop loss. There is no loss.

paukas:
Boo is not a stop loss. There is no loss.

Vladimir, again I don't agree with you (today is the day, or rather the night),

There is a loss, and there are plenty of them:

1.You deposit = Loss, because your money went to cover the overlapped positions in the brokerage company, to pay out, to .... - it does not matter, your money is not working for you.

2. You entered the market = loss, because you need to work off the spread, and the profit is doubtful - it is only visible on the history.

3. I don't know who and how, but I have always lost when you should not have entered the market, and it was a clear situation ...... - any entry in the market is an increase of risks: more frequent entries - more risks, a lot of risks = loss.

But imho boo is not a cure-all, but an evil commensurate with the spread - it's not a shame, but it prevents to make profit :D

IgorM:

Vladimir, again I don't agree with you (today is the day, or rather the night),

There is a loss, and there are plenty of them:

1.You deposit = Loss, because your money went to cover the overlapped positions in the brokerage company, to pay out, to .... - it does not matter, your money is not working for you.

2. You entered the market = loss, because you need to work off the spread, and the profit is doubtful - it is only visible on the history.

3. I don't know who and how, but I have always lost when you should not have entered the market, and it was a clear situation ...... - any entry in the market is an increase of risks: more frequent entries - more risks, a lot of risks = loss.

But imho bu is not a panacea, but an evil commensurate to the spread - like it's not a pity, but it does not give a chance to make profit :D

As we've seen, the more time we spend in the market, the less risks we run. I think we can agree on that.

And boo is when you are better off taking 10 with a probability of 100. What kind of loss is that, it's a nano-profit :))

paukas:

The less time in the market, the less risk. That's one thing we can agree on.

And boo is when it's better to take 10 with a probability of 100. What kind of loss is that, it's a nano-profit :))

You're probably right about the time

maybe not 10 but 30? ;)

IgorM:

You're probably right about the time

Or maybe 30 instead of 10? ;)

I've been testing my strategy today. It turned out that the optimum boo should be set after half way to the target and exactly 1 pip.

I was very surprised that even 2.3.5 pips is already worse, it seemed to make no difference.

paukas:

Today I tested the bottom breakout strategy. It turned out that the optimum boo should be set after half way to the target and exactly 1 pip.

I was very surprised that even 2.3.5 pips is already worse, it seemed to make no difference.

Isn't 0 more optimal?

paukas:
Boo is not a stop loss. There's no loss.

not a loss on balance, but a loss on equity

PapaYozh:

Isn't 0 more optimal?
No, only rounder.
Reason: