Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 5

There is no theory. There are explanations of how to interpret the troughs and convexities of this histogram, but the reason why they form resistance/support points is not explained.

(In a long time ago I gave an interpretation of this phenomenon in the first chapter. In short - the market seeks to maximize the volume of exchange between buyers and sellers. This is possible by either:

a) by increasing the price;

b) an increase in the time during which the current level is traded.

Being in the dynamic state, the market is constantly looking for new points of equilibrium at which the maximum amount of goods will be exchanged. The larger the volume, the more time is required for the market to sell it. Consequently, if the equilibrium point is found, this point will be a flat. On the contrary, in the thin market, or rather, in the thin price level there isn't enough people willing to make the exchange. The market skips over these levels to new equilibrium points:

sergeev:

In short, it's a dark forest of approaches and interpretations.

This is the best I've found. read it. a lot will become clear. at least for me, it all fell into place. One thing is that it is impossible to build this even theoretically in MT. There are no real volumes.

http://www.parusinvestora.ru/blog/?tag=%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%B8-%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%BE-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%8A%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BC

Temnyj:

Depths and heights are probably better to do as for fractals, i.e. high/low is higher/lower than previous and next line (though Discret = 20 in my case), probably with b/m adjustment of one, two and three lines. And make the low lines solid, and the high lines dotted ( although better with customisation).

I chose a period on the chart and plotted the low lines b/m one line on the "real" one and saw how they behaved in the "future"

Then a daily calculation of levels would be suitable for this purpose.

In the first post I added links to the line-building inductors.

sergeev:

then a daily calculation of levels would be suitable for this purpose.

In the first post I added the links to the line drawing indices.

Just a daily calculation is not suitable, a standard pivot is enough for that, or not quite a standard pivot. The beauty of your indicators is that you can choose any part of the past for plotting, respectively, by choosing a range in front of the current price you can draw support/resistance lines. I have several lines (orange) drawn on my chart at the moment, I don't even remember when I drew them and what principle they used, but the most interesting is that they work and serve as a great guide

Thanks for the links, I will read them at my leisure.

Files:
vmp.mq4  17 kb

Он самый, рыночный профиль только на реальных объёмах. Но тут надо не валютную пару брать т.к. реальных объёмов на неё не получить, а фьюч на неё.
Нормального индикатора рыночного профиля на РЕАЛЬНЫХ объёмах пока не встречал.

This is exactly what it turns out to be. Originally, the market profile was interpreted by the frequency of price movements at specific price levels. The same way to interpret it: if the price moves at a given level frequently, it means that there is interest in these prices in the market.

Topekstarter: I strongly suggest that you look online for information on market profiles. The topic is very old and broad. There is a lot of digging to do, but it is not very good on its own. It gives the big picture, an estimate of the overall look. That is, we look at the shape of the bell-shaped curve (our histogram is tilted to the side) and depending on the formations, we determine the possible options (above this we buy, below this we sell).

Plus an important element is the control point and the zone of normal distribution. Although it is usually taken at around 70%.

Temnyj:

The beauty of your indicator is that you can select any section of the past to plot, accordingly selecting a range opposite the current price

It is the same with pivot levels, nobody prevents you from constructing them on the basis of randomly selected bars, right? You can build a profile of even a 5-minute bar, and the same goes for pivots. But in general, pivots, various axels and camarillas, squares, fibs, profile and other "levels" - all these are the different ways to build supports and resistances, imho. And the superiority of one over the other is probably difficult to determine. Temnyj, judging by your screenshots you actively use pivots. Can you tell what works better - support and resistance levels built by hand using prices from the past or pivots calculated using some formula?

Temnyj:

Just a daily calculation is no good, a standard pivot is enough for that, or not quite a standard pivot. The best thing about your indicators is that they can be drawn at any position in the past, respectively, by choosing a range in front of the current price you can draw support/resistance lines. I have several lines (orange) drawn on my chart at the moment, I don't even remember exactly when I drew them and by what principle, but the interesting thing is that they work and serve as a great guide

added a new version at the beginning of the thread

extern int nAvg=20; // сглаживание для поиска линий, 0- линии выключены
extern double Deviat=20; // отмечать вершины не ниже / низины не выше Deviat %
extern bool bExtrem=true; // ставить на максимальной вершине линию

ZZZEROXXX:
It is the same with pivot levels - no one prevents us from constructing them based on arbitrary chosen bars, right? We can build a profile of even a 5-minute bar for example, the same goes for pivots. But in general pivots, all those axels and camarillas, squares, fibs, profile and other "levels" - all they are different types of supports and resistances, imho. And the superiority of one over the other is probably difficult to determine. Temnyj, judging by the screenshots you actively use pivots. Can you tell what works better - support and resistance levels built by hand using prices from the past or pivots calculated using a certain formula?

I use both pivots and hand builds as well, they work the same, you just need to know what to expect from them and what to look for in them, and without that they will just be useless. In my TS one of the important components is support/resistance levels, no matter what, they all work.

I'll give you an example of sergeev's indicator.

So, this indicator has some sense.

sergeev:

added a new version to the beginning of the thread

Thank you very much, just what I wanted to see, I'll experiment with the settings later and report back, probably on Monday though.
Reason: