10% or 20% every day is it possible? or is it utopian in advance? - page 20

LeMaxx:
By outright speculation I mean action that will be known to all.

That's the secret of the market: what everyone knows will definitely not work, and even if it does, it will work much later, when traders have lost their deposits or caught suckers.

For the price to move, you need someone who wants to buy and someone who wants to sell, otherwise you cannot. How would the price movement look like if 100% of market participants wanted to buy the EUR and nobody wanted to sell?

ZS: as for sabotage, to make 10% or 20% a day, you need to be able to lose, only real players can stop in time, while dreaming of a break-even trade, imho, delirium of the fevered mind.

LeMaxx:
By outright speculation I mean action that will be known to all. For example: Why will the Euro rise or fall on Monday? When the answers coincide en masse, that is speculation, not trading.

Generally speaking, speculation (exchange trading) is trading on the stock exchange for the sole purpose of profiting from price differences.

and you don't have to make anything up.

abolk:

Generally speaking, speculation (exchange trading) is trading on the stock exchange for the sole purpose of profiting from price differences.

and you don't have to make anything up.

Investors also profit from price differences.

The difference is in the sources of income and therefore how they are extracted. Speculators profit at the expense of other participants' losses or shortfalls in profits. Investors, for example, derive profits from the macroeconomic growth of individual countries, industries and companies.

Avals:

Investors also make profit from price differences.

The difference is in the source of the income and therefore the method of extraction. Speculators profit at the expense of other participants' losses or their shortfall in profits. Investors, for example, profit from the macroeconomic growth of individual countries, industries, companies.

If investment and speculation were one and the same, there would be no need to introduce two terms.

Speculation is purely about making money on price differences.

investment is an investment of capital.

How can capital investment with the intention of selling be considered an investment?

The difference between investment and speculation is illustrated in the famous film "Wall Street".

abolk:

If investment and speculation were one and the same, there would be no need to introduce two terms.

speculation is purely about making money on price differences.

investment is an investment of capital.

How can capital investment with the aim of selling be considered an investment?

The difference between investment and speculation is shown in the famous film "Wall Street".

So I wrote that speculation and investment are different and what is the difference.
A speculator who trades on his own money does not invest? What do mutual fund investors earn on, for example, if a mutual fund does nothing else but buy and sell stocks? Not on price differences? :)

Avals:

A speculator who trades on his own does not invest? What do mutual fund investors earn on, for example, if a mutual fund does nothing else but buy and sell shares? Not on price differences? :)

Someone who makes money only on the price difference may call himself whatever you want - "investor", "investment fund", "trader", "entrepreneur" - but he will still be in essence a speculator, according to the definition of the term.

An investor is someone who invests money in order to develop and create new value and earn income from the sale of the newly created value.

abolk:

someone who earns exclusively on price differences may call himself whatever he wants - "investor", "investment fund", "trader", "entrepreneur" - but he will still be in essence a speculator, according to the definition of the term.

someone who invests money in order to develop and create new value and earn income from the sale of newly produced value is called an investor. in its essence, an investor does not earn from price differences.

Guys, look into this issue as well, defining definitions and terms...

I will be interested in your opinion on it. Thank you.

IgorM:

That's the secret of the market - what everyone knows will definitely not work, and even if it does, it will work much later, when traders have lost their deposits or caught suckers.

For the price to move, you need someone who wants to buy and someone who wants to sell, otherwise you cannot. How would the price movement look like if 100% of market participants wanted to buy the EUR and nobody wanted to sell?

ZS: as for sabotage, to make 10% or 20% a day, you need to be able to lose, only true players can stop in time, and to dream of a break-even trade, imho, delirium of the fevered mind.

1. example: Increasing/decreasing the discount rate

2. Buy/sell = Central Bank (example: Belarus)

SergSV:
for those who do not know how to count an example, a deposit of 1,000 cu.e., lot 0.1, take 2.5 on average per day, let's give even 3 as 2.5 as it is not relevant, so we have 3 quid a day, 20 trading days 60 cu.e. = 6 percent of the 1000 cu, then the next month is the same only lot at 6% more, and so on. So who has problems with mathematics? Many people are chasing after millions without understanding that the compound interest will make you a millionaire with 1000 cu at 400 points a month after 21 months. So i dont argue that 3 pips every day is unrealistic, set a target of 60p a month and thats it.

OnGoing:
Here is 1% a day is more than realistic. Just start with 50 quid and 0.01 microlot and raise 5 pips per day. Tell me someone, is that exorbitant? Pips once a day and go about your business) But no, it's greed that kills everyone.

Yep...pips.... once a day... that's easy... there's a reason all newbies start here...

so, let's pips: target 3pp, stop 10pp, take a profit - good, take a stop... we're out of the "profit chart" for 3 days ahead, we're getting out of it, oops... And if a new stop... before we start and we've already missed the whole trading week!... what a shame...

Shall we try again? ;) nothing to lose... except the deposit.

It's all been said here, I won't repeat it.

You're misleading people and fooling yourself.

denis_orlov:

Yep...pips.... once a day... that's easy... there's a reason all newbies start here...

so, let's pips: target 3pp, stop 10pp, take a profit - good, take a stop... we're out of the "profit chart" for 3 days ahead, we're getting out of it, oops... And if a new stop... before we start and we've already missed the whole trading week!... what a shame...

Shall we try again? ;) Nothing to lose... except the deposit.

Everything has been said here, I won't repeat it.

I agree, if there is no superiority over the market, you get more risk than profit
Reason: