Gunn, astromechanics. Forecasts, discussion - page 7

Mixon777:

>>>>>>>>>>>> And so briefly about Gunn <<<<<<<<<<<< it's more like proprietary information, no bank or dealing will confirm it to you why would they lose money ?

Using his own style of technical analysis, Gunn has made over $50 million in profits on the stock markets! In today's markets that would be about $500 million ! After many decades of incredible success, Gunn moved to Miami, Florida where he continued his research until his death on June 14, 1955.

He traded in two accounts. The first, opened at $300, brought him $25,000 in three months. The second, started at $130, brought in $12,000 in almost 30 days. From then on, Gunn's reputation as an unusually talented trader was cemented.

Dead "gurus"

The third type of market "guru" is the dead "guru". His books are republished, his lectures are studied by new generations of joyful players, and a legend is posthumously created about the incredible personal wealth and good fortune of our dearly departed analyst. The dead "guru" is not among us and he cannot personally enjoy his fame. Others are cashing in on his reputation when his copyright expires. One of the prematurely departed "gurus" is R.N. Elliot, but a better example would be W.D. Gunn.

Various opportunists sell courses "by Gunn" and mathematical software "by Gunn". They claim that Gunn was the best stockbroker who ever lived, that he left an estate worth 50 million, and the like. I spoke to W.D. Gunn's son, who works as an analyst for a bank in Boston. He told me that his father could not support his family through stock trading and was earning his bread by writing and selling educational courses. When W.D. Gunn died in the 1950s, his estate was valued at just over $100,000. The legend of Gunn, the greatest player, is kept alive by those who sell courses and other paraphernalia to gullible consumers.

A.Elder.Fundamentals of stock trading.

I wouldn't say Elliott was a guru. He didn't exactly shine during his lifetime. The US stock market was knocked out for another 20 years after the Great Depression, dangling in an index range below and well below the 1929 high. And predicting a correction is an extremely thankless task.

According to the book with Bolton's writings, Bolton himself (a wave-former) is considered to be second - and Gunn is acknowledged to be first in strength.

sever31....Tell me how. the right way to work with Ganjila.

Mixon777

.....- I'm about to write detailed instructions for mere mortals - to be clear and understandable

Vizard, Hi, please stay out of the way, lots of people are waiting....

Mathemat:

According to the book with Bolton's writings, Bolton himself (a wave-worker) is regarded as second - and Gunn is recognised as first in strength.

The wrong ones have been recognised, not yet grown up...))

It's like everyone is fixated on the "old man" Gunn, as for the subject of this branch: "Gunn, astromechanics. Forecasts, discussion... Recently in the Predictions and Consequences thread... (still 3rd episode...:-)))) someone posted predictions exactly on astromechanics - there was a whole profile program (below - moon phases, stars, etc. - above price), like ELWAVE92dDemoSetup.exe (to work by Elliot), myself tried to communicate with that person there in a branch on these questions, but he did not answer and did not write off anything properly... I'm interested not only in some particular program, but maybe somebody has some indicators (if not 100%, then the indicators that help with this theme) or something else - links, articles... At the moment I'm spinning different filters to reduce the drawdown on similar strategies, and as an option I would consider the astro-filter I mentioned above... :-)))

P.S. I didn't use the search - maybe someone is already involved in this area and can recommend interesting material. Thank you.

ZetM:

Vizard, Hi, please don't get in the way, lots of people are waiting....

hi...i'm not in the way...it's just the information should be complete... he was asked to describe the method...not to brainwash...

Roman.:

does anyone have or indicators

I'll describe a simple and illustrative method for history checks later ... If you have a working (fixed) algorithm on the square 9 - you can easily execute it in an indicator...

Vizard:

Later I will describe the simplest and most obvious method for checking the history ... If you have a working (fixed) algorithm for the square 9 - it's easy to implement in an indicator...

Thank you... I'm not ready for old man Gunn yet. I should like to understand the "astro-filters" and the "filters" on the principle of Elliott Waves' interpretation and put them to my basic owls for testing.

Don't take it as an advertisement - there's a whole lab here for trading on Gann principles.

You can downloadthe Gann indicators from onyx from this page, and they were posted by kharko, a fellow who, by his nickname, has been featured on this forum in a good light (in my opinion).

it is possible to make a simple inductor...
The indicator is made like - Fibonacci time zones...
instead of levels, the increments on the square of nine...
put it on the chart - and everything is straightforward...
the example (screenshot) - search for turning points for shorts...
(fibo in the example - left the standard one)
white-red vertical line = pivot point (similar to ganzilla)
i.e. it is one of the options for a quick check of this or that theory on the history...

Reason: