New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 15

Adapted from

first_may 11.08.2011 21:59
Good evening, could you please advise why the "New Order" button may not be active? I.e. I cannot set a new order. However, on another computer with the same username and password everything is functioning fine.

This button is inactive only in one case: investment password

xrust:
This button is inactive only in one case: investment password

What does investment password mean? There is a connection and the data is displayed. Here is a picture:

xrust:
This button is only inactive in one case: investment password

Has anyone encountered this situation?

Rosh:
Generally speaking, the MarketWatch window has always been there. It cannot be disabled in any way.

Um... Sorry, Rashid, but I didn't say anything about the Market Watch window. I meant the Market Watch (order execution according to the last known quote that excludes requotes; in this case you cannot set stop and profit in advance). I specifically clarified it these days: there was no prohibition of counter-closing in the 225th build. This is some new feature, which was not mentioned in any announcement.

first_may:

Has anyone encountered such a situation?
For those in the tank - I explain: this button is inactive in 98% of cases if you are logged in under the investor password (which allows you to observe but not trade), and if you do not know what it is, in 99% of cases this is the case.

Scriptong:

Um... Sorry, Rashid, but I didn't say anything about the Market Watch window. I meant about execution of trade orders: Market Watch (order execution according to the last known quote excluding requotes; in this case stop and profit cannot be set in advance). I specifically clarified it these days: there was no prohibition of counter-closing in the 225th build. This is some new feature that was not mentioned in any of the announcements.

Perhaps you mean Instant Execution и Market Execution

PapaYozh:

You probably mean Instant Execution и Market Execution

Yes, I made a mistake, because many experts use the term Market Watch (apparently people confuse the two names themselves). The correct term is Market Execution

In light of the correct wording, my previous post would look like this:

Please forgive me if I'm confused, but I only noticed the problem today. Brokers with Market Execution have no possibility to close counter positions. This can be seen in the position closing menu, also shows up in programmatic use:

if (OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS))
{
   int ticket1 = OrderTicket();
   if (OrderSelect(1, SELECT_BY_POS))
   {
      int ticket2 = OrderTicket();
      if (!OrderCloseBy(ticket1, ticket2))
         Print("Ошибка закрытия: ", GetLastError());
   }
}
It is assumed that there are two counter positions in the Terminal list. We get error 3 - Incorrect parameters.

Question #1: Has the described situation always existed or has it changed after the 225th build (no possibility to check it on the 225th build)? I.e. does it mean that if broker uses Market Execution, it is impossible to close positions counter-clockwise? Perhaps it is up to the broker to choose whether to allow counter positions or not?

Question #2: Is there supposed to be a programmatic way to determine whether a counter-closing is allowed? Or can this only be judged indirectly (like error 3)?

Question 3: Makes sense if the answer to question 2 is yes, as this is an old sore point. Is there going to be a software way to determine the method of trade order execution (Market Execution, Instant Execution)?

Still: How do I determine programmatically that counter-closing is forbidden? The question is addressed to the developers.
Reason: