New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 2

Rosh:
The update should take place tomorrow. This is a preliminary announcement.

- Thank you.)

Dear developers! Please, make it possible to specify spread manually when testing and optimizing Expert Advisors. It is only one field in properties of the tester and some substitutions in the program code. I am a programmer myself, I know that it is quite easy to do and it does not take much time. As far as I understand, the last known spread (from the last known quote) is substituted now. And so with a broker's floating spread, when testing the same strategy with the same parameters, you often get completely different results. It is impossible to compare the results of tests and optimizations correctly. (Of course, I am talking about strategies with very clear formalized repeatable entries, for example, at a specific time at the opening of a candle, and not about systems with semi-random entries). If I'm wrong here, correct me and explain such strange differences in results of the same tests (the topic https://forum.mql4.com/ru/36354 is still relevant). Just one field to enter the spread easily solves this problem! As, in fact, is done in all testing systems I have seen. Thanks in advance!

ReasonMan:
Dear developers! Please, make it possible to specify spread manually when testing and optimizing Expert Advisors. It is only one field in properties of the tester and some substitutions in the program code. I am a programmer myself, I know that it is quite easy to do and it does not take much time. As far as I understand, the last known spread (from the last known quote) is substituted now. And so with a broker's floating spread, when testing the same strategy with the same parameters, you often get completely different results. It is impossible to compare the results of tests and optimizations correctly. (Of course, I am talking about strategies with very clear formalized repeatable entries, for example, at a specific time at the opening of a candle, and not about systems with semi-random entries). If I'm wrong here, correct me and explain such strange differences in results of the same tests (the topic https://forum.mql4.com/ru/36354 is still relevant). Just one field to enter the spread easily solves this problem! As, in fact, is done in all testing systems I have seen. Thanks in advance!

I would also add STOPLEVEL and FREEZELEVEL, as it is completely impossible to debug software on weekends.

ReasonMan:
Dear Razrabotnikov, Please make it possible to manually specify spread when testing and optimizing Expert Advisors. It is only one field in properties of the tester and some substitutions in the program code. I am a programmer myself, I know it is quite easy to do and it does not take much time. As far as I understand, the last known spread (from the last known quote) is inserted. And so with a broker's floating spread, when testing the same strategy with the same parameters, you often get completely different results. It is impossible to compare the results of tests and optimizations correctly. (Of course, I am talking about strategies with very clear formalized repeatable entries, for example, at a specific time of candle opening, and not about systems with semi-random entries). If I'm wrong here, correct me and explain such strange differences in results of the same tests (the topic https://forum.mql4.com/ru/36354 is still relevant). Just one field to enter the spread easily solves this problem! As, in fact, is done in all testing systems I've seen. thanks in advance!

++

ReasonMan:
Dear developers!
If your results depend so much on spread, stop and freeze, then you should think about it, you probably have a tester's grail.

sergeev:
if your results are so heavily dependent on spread, stop, freeze, you should think about it, you probably have a tester's grail.

With a normal trailing stop, you need to check the stop and freeze levels every time. Some brokerage companies have very large stop level (30 pips) and zero frost on weekends. On trading days the stop varies from 4 to 15 bp, freezing from 2 to 8 bp. (4-digit Eurobucks).

sergeev:
If your results depend so much on spread, stop, freeze, then you should think, you probably have a tester grail.
  1. The results of almost any strategy will depend on the spread. And so will everything else. It is just that the divergence will be different for different strategies.
  2. I just explained why a spread that is known and stable during optimization is important: Without it, "it is impossible to correctly compare the results of testing and optimization." For example, Alpari's spread can vary by a factor of 10. Not many strategies will ever survive such a change, not to mention the fact that the results must be very close in order to be compared correctly.

And every strategy has its own aims and methods. For those who have positions open for days and weeks the spread is less important. But there are also those who work a few quiet hours a day without news and take their cream off the noise, almost pipsing. We can't say that their strategy is bad if they are consistently making profit. It's a good one. :-) But it strongly depends on spread. That's why it's used only during calm periods.

Of course, it is good when a strategy gives positive results with different spreads. But how do we know about it now? There is only one option - to wait for the last suitable spread and quickly start optimization. It is a strange option, don't you think?

If we add all of the necessary fields for parameters of the spread type in the tester and allow our clients to manually fill them in, then the strategy stability at different spreads can be easily checked. And right now we don't have such an opportunity.

• I, as MTS developer, need full control over the testing and optimization process. It is quite understandable and logical. Why should I be denied this, instead of very simple means to ensure that these necessary conditions are met? After all, in fact, methaquotes are not working to justify posts on forums about "the tester's grail", but for us, their customers, by providing the functionality we need for stable trading. The more necessary features are in their product, the more stable the more pure MT traders will earn, the more DCs will use MT and the more methaquotes will make their profit. Everything is interconnected and everything comes back like a boomerang.

I agree with icas. I join in the request to add the ability to manually set STOPLEVEL and FREEZELEVEL.

1. it would be nice if the developers would finally tweak the speed setting for visual testing.

When testing (by tics or checkpoints) on large timeframes, only two values are suitable for real work: 31 и 32.

Moreover, at the first value the speed is very low, at the second value it is very high.

There is no smooth regulation of speed.

2. The error of forming StrategyTester.htm has not been fixed in the new version of the terminal.

For example, the real value of the extern datetime variable StartPoint=D'01.12.08 00:00';

In the StrategyTester.htm report:

Alexander:

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402

1. Terminal: Fixed timezone correction when uploading history in History Center (F2 key).
  2. Terminal: Fixed display of charts on a scale of 1-1 for symbols with 5 characters.
  3. Fixed forum posts and crests.
The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system

Can you please tell me how to download build 402?

As of 16.05.2011 2:29 am I have downloaded via LiveUpdate a 401th build which hangs when I press F2 (quote archive), when I try to open the EURUSD chart on M1, when I run the tester (probably due to the lack of quotes).

The link "Download MetaTrader 4" at the bottom of the forum downloads and installs build 399, but it has the same problems.

Correction - all files EURUSD*.hst have been deleted from history\<accounts folder> - freezes have passed. But I still would like to see build 402.

chv:

Can you please tell me how to download build 402?

402 build is still in testing, most likely to be officially released by the end of the week.

you can update by connecting to demo.metaquotes.net:443

Reason: