Your most effective strategy? - page 3

yosuf:
Or is it better to "lock" the position in such cases? What are the disadvantages of such a lock?

like any other lock.
read the interpretation of the word "lock" - it's a matter of having a key.
here, the "lock" will be for all capital - there is zero available funds - there is no way out.

yosuf:
What do you think of this trivial strategy: we open a position without stop and profit with minimal lot, using only 10% of deposit, in case of undesirable reversal, we make sure that the deposit does not fall below 50%, replenishing the deposit, if necessary, until the next turn down, until the position is closed in the black. Please point out the shortcomings.
Yusuf, then it is better to just convert one currency to another and wait. No matter how the exchange rate changes, and you have a certain amount of purchased real currency, and it will remain so. If the exchange rate is favourable, do a reverse conversion, or transfer the funds to a third currency altogether, etc.

yosuf:
What do you think of this trivial strategy: we open a position without stop and profit with minimal lot, using only 10% of deposit, in case of undesirable reversal, we make sure that the deposit does not fall below 50%, replenishing the deposit, if necessary, until the next turn down, until the position is closed in the black. Please point out the shortcomings.
I already wrote: for some the stop loss, for others the MC, for others the drawdown :).

Strategies based on predicting future price movement from the current price point do not work.

Strategies that are based on an assessment of the current situation and trade on that assessment do not roll. trend-following.

Diamant:

Strategies based on predicting future price movement from the current point will not work.

Strategies that are based on an assessment of the current situation and trade according to that assessment do not roll. trend-following.

I would like to know. If I reject the forecast of further price movement, and take the evaluation of the current situation as the base, what is the difference?

2. the trend-following is assessed by you at 200-500 points or more?

It's nothing, Mikhail, of course. Same eggs, but from the side :)

However, the difference between trend-following and direct prediction is often considered insurmountable and fundamental.

Direct prediction is first of all the study of the statistics of the phenomenon and the establishment of stable patterns. Then an analysis of the current situation and, after that, a forecast using statistical data. Everything is clear and concise, no hidden axioms.

Trend-following is a mystical system, in the centre of which there is always some axiom, which is not formulated implicitly: "Trend-following is more likely to continue than to change". (Incidentally, verification of this axiom within the system is for some reason often considered optional.) In all other respects it is exactly the same as in the first case of forecasting.

P.S. Sorry, Diamant, the attack is not on you personally. I have already said it many times here, only in other words.

AM2:
At the moment, I am manually trading on the breakdown.

Why don't you automate? High-low breakdowns?

barli:

Why aren't you automating? High-low breakdowns?
It's all there. And breakdown of high and low and at a distance from the price, with a trawl, boo. I have such conditions now that I need to trade manually.

Mathemat:

It's nothing, Mikhail, of course. Same eggs, but from the side :)

However, the difference between trend-following and direct prediction is for some reason often considered insurmountable and fundamental.

Direct prediction is, first of all, study of statistics of the phenomenon and establishment of stable patterns. Then an analysis of the current situation and after that a forecast using statistical data. Everything is clear and straightforward, no hidden axioms.

Trend-following is a mystical system, in the middle of which there is always some axiom that is not implicitly formulated: "Trend-following is more likely to continue than to change". (Incidentally, verification of this axiom within the system is for some reason often considered optional.) In all other respects it is exactly the same as in the first case of prediction.

P.S. Sorry, Diamant, the attack is not on you personally. I've said it many times before here, only in different words.

The difference is fundamental, IMHO, of course: In the forecast the trader is looking for an entry point against the current trend, because at the moment of entry only information about estimated pivot point is used. That is, the proverbial desire to catch the bottom/top. In the follow-the-market strategy, on the other hand, one holds a position from the moment the market phase is determined until the market changes. Here, the trader sacrifices a part of the beginning of the movement to confirm the trend development in order to reduce the risk. If confirmations are used, the trader is already using a follow-through strategy. After a while the trader understands that there is no need to bother with the forecast - calculation of the reversal points ;) ..... It's all about accuracy and timeliness in determining this market condition ))))))).

Good luck.

Several conditions are met: (buy cheap - sell expensive and vice versa),(open positions towards the trend - he is right), (there is no risk of small force majeure - no stops) and (it is possible to take short profits - the system does not react to this). Such an illogical system.

Reason: