exit from a location +martingale - page 4

abolk:

you have to trade with such a lot volume to get into a range of up to one figure with 8 orders

if - it was a martin - then the money was not a pity - it was doomed from the start

The lot is very small in the beginning.
david2:
Sorry for the inattention. First we open an order with lot 1 and when all three orders with lot 1 are in plus or zero we close. When we open an additional order, if price goes down again, at Stop Out we will close the position with lot 8. We need a screenshot or order data. Then it would be easier to advise on where to open an additional order.

What three orders are we talking about?

VladislavVG:
It can't: there are no more funds in the account. Or rather, there are only available funds left. It has just been shown by equity only - we will have to use the remaining funds ...... Anyway, you can close positions or not - the result will not change ....

But why may it not? And I look, the broker has already covered a big deficit for the topicstarter, now if the price changes direction (opposite to the closed one) everything will be OK and compensate all the losses in case of a strong movement :)))

but that's theoretical... In practice it's the other way round...

Europa:

But why not? And I look broker has already covered a big minus for the topicstarter, now if the price turns in the other direction (the opposite of the closed), everything will be OK and with a strong move and still compensate for all the losses :))

but this is theoretical ... In practice, as it turns out the opposite way ...

Because everything has already taken place. According to the top-starter he has a full lock. This is equivalent to having no open positions in the account. That is, the real size of the account is already equal to the size that is displayed as free funds for now. That is why it does not matter whether the locked orders are displayed or not - they can be simply overlapped - further action will not depend on this. That is, getting out of the lock is the same as applying a profit strategy to profit. If you want to consider it as breaking a lock, be my guest .....

VladislavVG:
Because everything has already taken place. According to the top-starter he has a full lock. This is equivalent to having no open positions in the account. That is, the real size of the account is already equal to the size that is displayed as free funds for now. That is why it does not matter whether the locked orders are displayed or not - they can be simply overlapped - further action will not depend on this. That is, getting out of the lock is the same as applying a profit strategy to profit. If you want to consider it as breaking a lock, be my guest .....

The question is how to do it, where to place this order, with what lot and TP value?

Andrey88:

Which three orders are we talking about?

We had 2 orders with lot 1. I meant to open a third order with lot 1 in the direction of price movement and when the sum of the three orders turns to zero to close these three positions, unload the bet.

But in your case it is true when the price starts to move towards the centre of all positions. As the price moves away from the centre the total minus from all positions will increase and the broker will close the position with the biggest minus.

Generally, you should accept that you have already lost and win back only what you get.

With deposit 500 if all orders were at 30-40 points distance and all had 0.01 lot, then you have a chance to win back, but only if you can define an extremum after which a significant correction will take place.

There is a chance to win back, in case you may identify the extremum after which you will have a more or less significant correction (towards the centre).

Read "Catching a reversal or correction".

Out of loco + martingale = shoot yourself + put your head in the noose beforehand and kill yourself.

alexx_v:
Out of loco + martingale = shoot yourself + put your head in the noose beforehand and kill yourself.

I agree - that's a bit much in my opinion... :-)))

"We had two orders with lot 1. I meant to open a third order with lot 1 in the direction of price movement and when the sum of the three orders turns to zero close those three positions, unload the bet."

i.e. roughly speaking, open a trade with a volume of 1 lot to the sell (assuming that the price has just opened the topmost buy trade and is at the top) and hope that price will go down *if it does, close all 3 positions to 0). right?

what should i do afterwards? should i also open a deal with a volume of 2 lots?

and why the first time you need to open a trade with 1 lot? why not try 3 lots if the broker will allow? this will accelerate the exit to 0.

Andrey88:

"We had two orders with lot 1. I meant to open a third order with lot 1 in the direction of price movement and when the sum of the three orders turns to zero close those three positions, unload the bet."

i.e. roughly speaking, open a trade with a volume of 1 lot to the sell (assuming that the price has just opened the topmost buy trade and is at the top) and hope that price will go down *if it does, close all 3 positions to 0). right?

what should i do afterwards? should i also open a deal with a volume of 2 lots?

and why the first time you need to open a trade with 1 lot? why not try 3 lots if the broker will allow? this will accelerate the exit to 0.

Better read Avalanche's thread - it's all explained in detail... Even if not exactly what you mean, but as close as possible... And you want to understand, it will not make any trouble to portray exactly what you mean, but when you are already savvy to and fro...
Reason: