Don't tell me that TA works! - page 5

FAGOTT:

None of the methods described in the TA books, although past price values are analysed.

If past price values are analysed, then TA works.

Technical analysis is predicting future price movements based on analysis of past price movements

See Wikipedia - Technical Analysis

So the subject can be renamed "Hurray for TA works!"

Reshetov:

If past price values are analysed, then TA is working.

Technical analysis - predicting future price movements based on analysis of past price movements

See Wikipedia - Technical Analysis

So the subject can be renamed "Hurray for TA works!"

there should also be the word "only". TA only uses past price/time/volume. If the person uses a different set of data, it is no longer TA, or a mixture of TA and non-TA))

Avals:

there should also be the word "only". TA only uses past price/time/volume. If the person uses a different set of data, it is no longer TA, or a mixture of TA and non-TA)))

What other one? It has no data about the future, only about the past and the present.

The other one is when the past data does not carry any information, i.e. a random series with no memory. No TA will really work in such series, because there is no connection between past and future values and it is useless to analyse the past.

Avals:
If the person uses a different set of data, it is no longer TA, or a mixture of TA and non-TA))

What other data? Tell me.

If I'm not mistaken, but apart from OHLC and volumes nothing else is available from historical data, the same ticks the same OHLC without time quantization

Reshetov:

What other one? It has no data about the future, only about the past and the present.

The other one is when the past data does not carry any information, i.e. a random series with no memory. No TA will really work in such series, because there is no connection between past and future values and it is useless to analyse the past.

)))))) here it is... appeared.... the great and terrible... the goondos and flooders have been waiting for this!

Let's start again - TA says that the price of an asset is based on all the information available in the market. Therefore, you don't need ANYTHING other than the price to make a prediction! Maybe even volumes.

Gundos and flooders say otherwise - no, they say, just the price of the asset is not enough to make a prediction!

All TA methods, without exception, use only price and volume and nothing else. Even cross-market analysis is done by analysing technical indicators.

FAGOTT:

Let's start again - TA says that the price of an asset is based on all the information available in the market. Therefore, you don't need ANYTHING other than the price to make a prediction! Maybe even volumes.

Gundos and flooders say otherwise - no, they say, just the price of the asset is not enough to make a prediction!

Maybe you are fishing for moths...?

IgorM:

what other data? tell me

If I am not mistaken, but apart from OHLC and volumes nothing else is available from historical data, the same ticks the same OHLC without time quantisation

and a lot of other data. Fundamental ones like interest rates differential. Or purely technical - the cup at a certain depth. Open interest, COT report data, etc. Anything that can be measured and presented as a time series.

FAGOTT:

there is still time
Reason: