[Archive! - page 131

Temnyj:
hits
There was a time when I was plugged into a 3-phase mains without disconnecting. Not even a pinch. (0 didn't touch, if anything :)

Temnyj:
There are electricity values such as frequency, power, voltage and there are tables (you can search on the internet) where all these parameters are given in lethal ratios for humans. The piezo element in the lighter also has voltages of about 10 kV, but it doesn't kill. The video with the corona on the wire also has quite high voltage, but it only set the skin on fire to the dude, and the stun gun has quite high voltage, but it also mostly does not kill.

It kills a person with a 10mA current.

PapaYozh:

It won't.

You don't know electrical engineering.

I know, but not much, my father knows very well, he worked his way up from electrician to chief power engineer.

Temnyj:
I know, but not much, my father knows very well, he worked his way up from electrician to chief power engineer.

It brings back memories of my childhood: "I'll get my big brother now."

PapaYozh:

It kills a person with a 10mA current.
Nah, it only seems to immobilise. Lethal > 40-50 at 50Hz.

Silent:
There was a time when I was plugged into a 3-phase mains without disconnecting. Not even a pinch. (0 didn't touch, if anything :)
I've seen a man fly away from an electric panel, he didn't touch the zero either, he touched the phase with his hand, accidentally. I used to work for my dad as an electrician, I used to make such connections on a construction site, but I didn't risk it with my bare hands, it was deadly and it was a case of one thing led to another.

Temnyj:
I saw a man flying away from the electric panel, he didn't touch the neutral either, he touched the phase with his hand, by accident. I used to work for my father as an electrician, I also made such connections on a construction site, but I didn't risk it with my bare hands, it was deadly and you can't do it every time.
If there's an arc, yeah. Bad luck :)

PapaYozh:

It brings back memories of childhood: "I'll get my big brother now".

It's not about big brother, it's just that you're talking about something that's killing people and you're talking completely irresponsibly and completely without understanding it.

Temnyj:
I saw a man flying away from the electric panel, he didn't touch the neutral either, he touched the phase with his hand, by accident. I used to work for my father as an electrician, I also made such connections at a construction site, but I didn't risk touching it with my bare hands, it was deadly and it was a one-time thing.

The "0" in the switchboard is usually earthed. If that man had been standing on a dielectric mat (as it should be, by the way), he wouldn't have come off. Ask your father if you can.

Temnyj:
It's not about big brother, it's just that you are talking about something that kills people and you are being completely irresponsible and completely ignorant.

Sorry, that was your phrase about the voltage that kills a person.

It is the electric current that kills a person, not the voltage.

Generally speaking, 36V is considered life-threatening, but what kills a person is the current flowing through them.

Reason: