EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 3) - page 627

They've raised the rate, they're supposed to go up, but he's jumping around like a nervous wreck.

scanck:
any commentary on usd/jpy where the price will go
The dollar/yen has fallen below support at 85.00 and is now trading around 84.98. According to dealers, the demand zone for Japanese exporters is around 84.80/85 and also at 84.70/75 and 84.50/55. However, the large option barrier at 85.00 will remain a pull zone for the USD/JPY

Nataliya:
They've raised the rate, they're supposed to go up, but he's jumping around like a nervous wreck.

That raise was worked out a long time ago.

Nataliya:

In about an hour or two, it's going to go back up.

People!!! Do you read my posts?!!! Who am I writing them for!!!? Don't ask stupid questions...

I'll say it again...

margaret 07.04.2011 13:23 correct | delete
Temnyj:

What is the probability that the rate will not go up?

5%

it turns out that 1.25 has been worked up because of the long talk about rate hikes and there will be no quick moves.

If they announce 1.25, there will be no reaction as such (violent), if they rise (and there is also a 5% chance of that) to 1.44 - the reaction will be violent...In general, everyone will wait for Trichet's speech...it all depends on his speech... If he talks about further tightening of policy (including the next rate hike in the short term), the reaction will be violent and the euro will rise even higher ...

When the rate goes up, loans get more expensive. Right?

Of course loans will rise and purchasing power will fall, which is not good for the euro....

margaret:

People!!! Do you read my posts?!!! Who am I writing them for!!!? Don't ask stupid questions...

I say it again...

margaret 07.04.2011 13:23 correct | delete

probably don't read it. I can edit half a post for some reason ?

2011.04.07 14:32:36 *ECB President Trichet opened the press conference with an expression of condolences to Japan

scanck:
any commentary on usd/jpy where the price will go
The signal is strong. It is after the news as usual, but if it moves out of the square and holds on, it may go back to the previous level.

EUR at breakdown of 1.4250 sell to 1.4150

Reason: