EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 3) - page 153

margaret:
Based on the above there is a rumour that there will be no rate change

I will not write predictions but I will write why this is happening. The euro is a newsy, risky currency. Here are the reasons why it is falling today:

The prognosis did not ask for

1. There was a long-awaited correction in the stock market...

Agreed maybe, so here is a correction.

2. The euro hit an intraday low against the US dollar on Thursday, continuing its decline amid renewed tensions in the Middle East.

What do you mean intraday low? Also on the back of... what didn't it go down before??? Bullshit.

3. Saudi police opened fire on protesters in the east of the country after the government warned it would not tolerate demonstrations, the Associated Press reported.

What does this have to do with it?

4. The euro was already under pressure after ratings agency Moody's downgraded Spain, bringing the region's sovereign debt crisis back into focus.

This is all old stuff, already played out, especially since the Spaniards adopted a deficit reduction programme.

5. Weaker than expected Chinese trade data has also weakened investors' appetite for risk. The reports from Saudi Arabia did even more damage by sending equities deeper into negative territory and prompting investors to buy safe haven currencies like the Swiss franc against which the euro also fell by around 0.65% from the previous day's closing level.

The euro has beenfalling againstthe franc for four years!

6.German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in an interview with Bild that further aid to Eurozone countries must be subject to strict conditions and that Germany will veto future aid plans if necessary conditions are not met.

So this is good news for the euro, they will put things in order and not waste money.

voinG:

I will not write predictions but I will write why this is happening. The euro is a newsy, risky currency. Here are the reasons for today's fall:

The prognosis did not ask for

1. There has been a long-awaited correction in the stock market...

I agree it's possible, so there's a correction.

That's how the euro goes after the fund

2. The euro hit an intraday low against the US dollar on Thursday, continuing its decline amid renewed tensions in the Middle East.

What do you mean intraday low? Also on the back of... what was not the decline before??? Bullshit.

Did you see 1.3774 yesterday as well? Gaddafi was on TV saying "we will not let Europe make scapegoats out of us, we have to squeeze them by destroying oil wells, Europe has created our own war..., let's unite against Europe, shoot at them.... etc."

3. Saudi Arabian police opened fire on protesters in the east after the government warned it would not tolerate demonstrations, the Associated Press reported.

What does that have to do with it?

Opened fire on civilians?! Saudi Arabia promised to produce more oil to cover the share that Libya supplied to Europe

4. The euro was already under pressure after Moody's rating agency downgraded Spain, bringing the region's sovereign debt crisis back into focus.

It's all old, already played out, especially since the Spaniards have adopted a deficit reduction programme.

Downgraded Greece yesterday, Spain today

5. Weaker than expected Chinese trade data also weakened investors' appetite for risk. Reports from Saudi Arabia caused further damage, sending equities deeper into negative territory and prompting investors to buy safe haven currencies such as the Swiss franc, against which the euro is also down around 0.65% from the previous day's closing level.

The euro has been falling against the franc for four years!

Volumes have moved away from the euro and into shelter currencies

6.German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in an interview with Bild that further aid to Eurozone countries must be subject to strict conditions and that Germany will veto future aid plans if the necessary conditions are not met.

So this is good news for the euro, they will be putting things in order rather than spending the money however they can.

Yes, but not for investors

voinG:

I will not write predictions but I will write why this is happening. The euro is a newsy, risky currency. Here are the reasons for the fall today:

The forecast did not ask for.

1. There has been a welcome correction in the stock market...

I agree maybe, so there is a correction.

2. The Euro hit an intraday low against the USD on Thursday, continuing its decline amid renewed tensions in the Middle East.

What do you mean intraday low? Also on the back of... what didn't it go down before??? Bullshit.

3. Saudi police opened fire on protesters in the east of the country after the government warned it would not tolerate demonstrations, the Associated Press reported.

What does this have to do with it?

4. The euro was already under pressure after ratings agency Moody's downgraded Spain, bringing the region's sovereign debt crisis back into the spotlight.

This is all old stuff, already played out, especially since the Spaniards have adopted a deficit reduction programme.

5. Weaker than expected Chinese trade data has also weakened investors' appetite for risk. The reports from Saudi Arabia caused even more damage by sending stocks deeper into negative territory and prompting investors to buy safe haven currencies such as the Swiss franc against which the euro also fell about 0.65% from the previous day's closing level.

The euro has been falling against the franc for four years now!

6.German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in an interview with Bild that further aid to Eurozone countries should be subject to strict conditions and that Germany will veto future aid plans if the necessary conditions are not met.

So it's good news for the euro, they're putting things in order and not wasting money.

What are you talking about? The euro stayed in place at all, it was the dollar that went up.

AlexeyFX:

What are you talking about? The euro has stayed where it is, it's the dollar that has gone up.

On what basis did the dollar go up?

FactPlan
Rev.
00:30USD NFIB Small Business Optimism94.5095.0094.10
03:00USD Index of economic optimism43.0051.8050.90
03:00USD Wholesale stocks1.10%1.00%1.30%
03:30USD Crude oil stocks2.50M1.10M-0.40M
03:30USD Petrol stocks-5.50M-2.00M-3.60M
01:30USD Trade Balance-46.30B-41.50B-40.30B
01:30USD Continuation of unemployment3771.00K3750.00K3791.00K
01:30USD Jobless claims397.00K382.00K371.00K
02:45USD Bloomberg Consumer Confidence Index -44.50-39.30
03:30USD Natural Gas Stocks-71.00B-72.00B-85.00B
07:00USD Monthly budget execution report-222.50B-235.10B-49.80B

margaret:

On what basis did the dollar rise?

It has risen no more or less than the other asylum currencies, the franc and the yen. Apparently, politics is more of a market concern than economics right now.

Margarita, I want to tell you not to get carried away with the news. The news comes out differently: paid, distorted, outdated, irrelevant, misinterpreted, misinformed, etc.

And there is a fact that the people who rule the market do not watch or listen to the news, they do not care about them, they make them themselves.

AlexeyFX:

It has risen no more or less than the other asylum currencies, the franc and the yen. Apparently politics is more of a market concern than economics right now.

So why are you writing:

What are you talking about? The euro has stayed where it is, it is the dollar that has risen.

voinG:

Margarita, I want to tell you not to get carried away with the news. The news comes out differently: paid, distorted, outdated, irrelevant, misinterpreted, misinformed, etc.

And there is a fact that the people who rule the market do not watch or listen to the news, they do not care about them, they make them themselves.

I understand this very well, so I am not saying what will happen, but I have an idea of what is going on...

margaret:
I am well aware of this, so I am not saying what will happen, but I have an idea of what is going on...

We had this whole conversation after you wrote that Asians were sold on the news about China.

I'm off to bed, good luck everyone.

voinG:

We had this whole conversation after you wrote that Asians were sold on the news about China.

I'm going to bed, good luck to everyone.

...and after you asked me a question:

Margarita, you were posting U.S. data today. I remember you were unhappy with how the Americans were blaming anyone but themselves. Tell me the data was bad, the question is: why didn't they discount the dollar? Today the pound is going up, the yen is going up, the franc is going up. What is it?

Reason: