Renter - page 22

Mathemat:

Oleg, you are differentiating some function of yours, and something is not adding up there. This is the wrong function, because the correct function should have a denominator(k-q).

I already suggested you the correct function of accumulated withdrawals and its derivative.

give me the formula.

and tell me what to do with it.

что ещё продифференцируем?

It's already hot. Now widen the range on the ordinate. The maximum value of the function (at k=0) is about 42k (make it 50000), the minimum is about -6000. And everything will work out, you'll see the whole curve!

Mathemat:
It's already hot. Now widen the range on the ordinate. The maximum of the function is about 42k (make it 50000), the minimum is about -6000. And everything will work out!

...it turns out to be, pardon me, nonsense...

That's OK, it's fine. The zero correlates quite well with mine. Zero equal to 0.0405 corresponds to alpha=0.0405/0.3 ~ 0.135. Right?

Now all that's left to do is to find its zero analytically (approximated, of course).

adjust to a value of ~0.12

No, no, that's right. You've got it wrong. Or are you doubting the validity of the formula for f()?

Mathemat:
No, no, that's right. You've got it wrong. Or are you doubting the validity of the formula for f()?
This can easily be checked numerically

I gave above the derivative - its numerator. I did it deliberately, because by definition the zero of the derivative is searched and of course they coincide with our functions.

There is no error here.

Just substitute k = 0.0405 for the derivative of k. And compare it with your k.

Neutron:

I gave above the derivative - its numerator. I did it deliberately, because by definition the zero of the derivative is searched and of course they coincide with our functions.

There is no error here.

By the way, the zero of the derivative of a function without 1 in the numerator, as you did, is not equal to the zero of the derivative of the original function.
Reason: